Our M18™ Brushless Threaded Rod Cutter is Milwaukee's dedicated solution for cutting the most common threaded rod sizes on the job site, including coarse 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" mild steel to 1/4" and 3/8" stainless steel. The cordless threaded rod cutter is powered by a brushless motor and delivers 400+ cuts while powered by an M18™ REDLITHIUM™ 2.0Ah Battery. The four-sided cutting dies allow you to cut multiple sizes of threaded rod on one tool by simply rotating the dies. The all thread cutter has the clearest line of sight and delivers clean, burr-free cuts enabling you to thread a nut on by hand without having to file down the ends. The rod cutter features optimized blade geometry and cut speed to prevent chips and sparks while cutting. It has auto jaw opening allowing you to perform fast, repetitive cuts while a reverse button helps prevent unintended cuts. Its centered grip provides the best balance for one-handed overhead trims, while the flat horizontal design provides you with a stable surface for benchtop cuts.
(1) M18™ Brushless Threaded Rod Cutter(2872-20)
Technical Data + Specifications
Height : 6.3 in.
Length : 10 in.
Tool Warranty : 5 Years
Voltage : 18V
Weight : 7.7 lbs
Width : 5 in.
Power Source : Cordless
Warranty : 5 Year Limited Warranty
Battery System : M18
Benefits + Features
- Delivers Clean, Burr-Free Cuts for Threading Nuts on by Hand
- Powers through 1/2" Mild Steel & 3/8" Stainless Steel Threaded Rod in Seconds
- Centered Grip Optimized for One-Handed Overhead Operation
- Improved Cutting, No Chips or Sparks
- Cuts 1/4", 3/8" & 1/2" Mild Steel, 1/4" & 3/8" Stainless Steel, Coarse Threaded Rod
- Brushless Motor provides more power, more run-time, and longer life
- Flat Horizontal Position for Benchtop Use
- Clearest Line of Sight While Making Overhead Cuts
- 1-1/2" Trim Length Delivers Even, Uniform Cuts Every Time
- Auto Jaw Opening for Fast, Repetitive Cuts
- Four Sided Rotatable Cutting Dies Allow You to Cut Three Different Sizes of Threaded Rod with the Same Tool
- Reverse Button for Unintended Cuts
- LED Light Illuminates Cut Area
- Easy Die Changes Using Allen Key Stored On Tool
- Delivers 400+ Cuts on 3/8" Mild Steel Per Charge with a M18™ 2.0Ah Battery