The 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Brushless Cordless 4-Speed Mid-Torque 1/2" Sq. Drive Impact Wrench with Detent Anvil, Tool Only (XWT18Z) provides improved fastening control, ideal for automotive, installation, and fabrication trades. The impact wrench combines extended run time and speed control for unmatched fastening performance.
It is powered by a Makita-built brushless motor for longer run time. The brushless motor delivers 520 ft.lbs. of Fastening Torque and 740 ft.lbs. of Nut-Busting Torque.
Precise fastening control is achieved through the 4-speed power selection switch, which accounts for a wide range of applications. Additional precision features include three forward and three reverse rotation auto-stop modes, and a full-speed mode function that reduces the trigger pull to reach full speed.
Makita's proprietary hammer and anvil impact mechanism are manufactured using the best raw materials with the highest quality steel and unique heat hardening process for maximum fastening and driving power.
The XWT18Z features Makita's Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™), a protective seal inside the tool. It is designed to improve a tool’s operation in harsh conditions by channeling water and dust from key internal components.
(1) XWT18Z 18V LXT Lithium‑Ion Brushless Cordless 4‑Speed Mid‑Torque 1/2 in. Sq. Drive Impact Wrench w/ Detent Anvil, Tool Only
Technical Data + Specifications
Voltage : 18V
Battery : 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
Square Drive : 1/2 in.
No Load Speed (var. 4 spd.) : 0 - 500 / 0 - 1,200 / 0 - 1,900 / 0 - 2,200 RPM
Impacts Per Minute (var. 4 spd.) : 0 - 1,000 / 0 - 1,700 / 0 - 2,400 / 0 - 2,700 IPM
Nut-Busting Torque (ft.lbs./N•m) : 740 ft.lbs./1,000 N•m
Fastening Torque (ft.lbs./N•m) : 520 ft.lbs./700 N•m
Overall Length : 6-11/16 in.
Dimensions (LxWxH) : 6-11/16" x 3-3/16" x 10-7/8"
Net Weight (with battery, sold separately) : 6 lbs.
Form Factor (LXT) : 18V LXT®
Motor Type : Brushless
Shipping Weight : 5.35 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381723909
Benefits + Features
- BL™ Brushless Motor delivers 520 ft.lbs. of Fastening Torque and 740 ft.lbs. of Nut-Busting Torque
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 6-11/16" long
- 4-speed power selection switch (0-500 / 0-1,200 / 0-1,900 / 0-2,200 RPM & 0-1,000 / 0-1,700 / 0-2,400 / 0-2,700 IPM) for precise fastening control in a wide range of applications
- 3 forward and 3 reverse Auto-Stop modes for increased efficiency
- Full speed mode function reduces trigger pull to reach full speed
- Efficient BL™ Brushless Motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The electronically-controlled BL™ Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered to provide improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- Built-in L.E.D. light with an independent on/off switch illuminates the work area
- Weighs only 6.0 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue (battery not included)
- Rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- Flexible joint isolates the battery from the grip to help reduce wear on the battery contacts
- Makita's proprietary hammer and anvil impact mechanism are manufactured using the best raw materials with the highest quality steel and unique heat hardening process for maximum fastening and driving power
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers