The Makita 36V (18V X2) LXT® Brushless 14" Cut-Off Saw is a cordless metal-cutting solution ideal for light gauge metals including stud and strut, pipe, all thread, conduit, tubing, rebar, and more. The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes so it runs cooler and more efficiently for longer life. The Saw is powered by two 18V LXT batteries for maximum cordless performance, and delivers 3,800 RPM for the most demanding metal cutting applications. It will cut up to 5" round and 4” x 7-5/8” rectangular tubing. It also features a “tool-less” fence and vise controls for increased productivity, and a large spark guard engineered to capture and deflect debris away from the surrounding area. Additional features include an electric brake, a large ergonomic handle and two-stage lock-off power button.
The kit comes complete with 14” Cut-Off saw (XWL01Z), two 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah Batteries (BL1850B), an 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Dual Port Charger (DC18RD), and 14” x 1” x 3/32” Abrasive Cut-Off Wheel (B-64705).
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion system, the world’s largest cordless tool system powered by 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style batteries. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
(1) 36V (18V X2) LXT® Brushless 14" Cut-Off Saw (XWL01Z)
(2) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah Battery (BL1850B)
(1) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Dual Port Charger (DC18RD)
(1) 14" x 1" x 3/32" Abrasive Cut-Off Wheel (B-64705-1)
Technical Data + Specifications
Battery : 2X 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
Blade Diameter : 14"
No Load Speed : 3,800 RPM
Max. Cutting Capacity (at 90°) : 5"
Arbor : 1"
Tool-less blade change : Yes
Tool-less fence adjustment : Yes
Lock-Off Switch : Yes
Electric Brake : Yes
Overall Length : 21-1/8"
Net Weight : 35.9 lbs.
Form Factor (LXT) : X2
Motor Type : Brushless
Shipping Weight : 49.46 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381869638
Benefits + Features
- Two 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion batteries deliver the power and run time for corded demands without leaving the 18V LXT® platform
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL™ Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life; delivers 3,800 RPM
- Large spark guard captures and deflects debris away from the surrounding area
- Electric brake allows adjustments to be completed faster for maximum productivity
- "Tool-less" flange removal for quick and easy wheel changes
- Two-stage lock-off power button requires two actions to start the cut-off saw
- Large cutting capacity; cuts up to 5" round and 4" x 7-5/8" rectangular material
- "Tool-less" fence and vise controls for quick and easy adjustments to various needs
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Integrated overload status indicator alerts of excessive battery power draw during heavy loads which may reduce run time performance
- Integrated battery charge light indicator allows user to monitor battery charge level for each of the two batteries
- Locking pin secures cutting head in down position for easy transport and storage
- Stamped steel base provides added rigidity for increased durability
- Ergonomic handle with two finger trigger for increased operator comfort
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B, features an integrated L.E.D. battery charge level indicator
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B provides up to 65% more run time per charge compared to BL1830
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B reaches a full charge in 45 minutes or less
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers