Makita is a pioneer in brushless motor engineering, battery technology, and miter saw innovation and has combined this expertise in the 18V X2 (36V) LXT® Lithium-Ion Brushless 10" Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw.
Makita brushless motors are engineered for up to 50% longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life. The XSL06 has an efficient BL™ Brushless Motor that delivers up to 4,400 RPM for fast and efficient cutting, with Automatic Speed Change™ technology to adjust cutting speed and torque under load for optimum performance.
The XSL06 has a unique 2-steel rail sliding system design that offers single slide-glide operation for smooth and accurate cutting, as well as a reduced overall footprint that allows the saw to be positioned flush against a wall. The innovative direct-drive gearbox and guard system is engineered for increased vertical cutting capacity (5-1/4”) and crown molding cutting capacity (6-5/8” nested), the largest in its class. It will also crosscut a 4x12 at 90 degrees. The saw miters 0° to 60° left and right, with positive stops at 0°, 15°, 22.5°, 31.6°, 45° and 60° (left or right). The bevel lock is located in the front of the saw for easy access and quick adjustments from 0° to 48° (left and right).
The direct drive gearbox with soft start is a key point of difference. Direct drive enables smoother start-ups and consistent, constant power with no belts to slip or replace. The electric brake provides added convenience. Additional features include a high-quality 60T carbide-tipped blade, built-in laser that indicates the line-of-cut, and improved dust collection capability for use with a bag (included) or vacuum (sold separately). It also has a large-sized aluminum base that improves the stability of cutting stock for more efficient cutting.
(1) 18V X2 (36V) LXT® Brushless 10" Dual-Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw (XSL06Z)
(2) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah Battery (BL1850B)
(1) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Dual Port Charger (DC18RD)
(1) Vertical Vise (122854-6)
(1) Dust Bag (122852-0)
(1) Triangular Rule (762001-3)
(1) Hex Wrench, XSL06 (781044-6)
(1) 10" x 5/8" 40T Micro-Polished Miter Saw Blade
Technical Data + Specifications
Blade Diameter : 10"
Arbor : 5/8"
Max. Cutting Capacity Crown Molding (Nested) : 6-5/8"
Max. Cutting Capacity Base Molding (Vertical) : 5-1/4"
Max. Cutting Capacity (miter 90°) : 2-13/16" x 12"
Max. Cutting Capacity (miter 45°, L/R) : 2-13/16" x 8-1/2"
No Load Speed : 4,400 RPM
Battery : 2X 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
Dimensions (LxWxH) : 31-3/4" x 25-3/8" x 26"
Net Weight (with battery) : 60 lbs.
Power Type : Cordless
Shipping Weight : 80.483 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381851305
Benefits + Features
- Powered by two LXT® batteries; X2 LXT® technology delivers more power, speed and run time without the hassles of a cord
- Makita built electronically controlled BL™ Motor delivers 4,400 RPM for faster and smoother cutting
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Automatic Speed Change™ technology adjusts cutting speed and torque during cut for optimum performance
- X2 LXT® technology delivers up to 334 cuts per charge in 2x4 SPF and up to 192 cuts per charge in 2x12 SPF lumber using two 5.0Ah batteries
- Increased capacity for up to 6-5/8" crown molding (vertically nested), 5-1/4" baseboard (vertical), and 12" crosscuts at 90°
- Unique 2-Steel Rail Sliding System design offers single slide-glide operation; reduced saw footprint allows operation flush against a wall
- In-front bevel lock for convenient operation
- Dual dust collection ports provide excellent dust extraction performance
- Miters 0-60° left and right; bevels 0-48° left and right
- Positive miter stops at: 0°, 15°, 22.5°, 31.6°, 45°, and 60° left or right
- Integrated 4-3/4" tall fence system for increased rigidity and more precise miter and bevel cuts
- Built-in laser clearly indicates line-of-cut whether blade is turning or not; on-off switch and micro-adjustments for precise "left-of-blade" or "right-of-blade" cutting
- Linear ball bearing system engineered to deliver accurate cuts
- Large-sized aluminum base improves stability of material for efficient cutting
- High power provides efficient cutting in wood and aluminum extrusion (aluminum blade and cutting lubricant sold separately)
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- Direct drive motor for increased cutting efficiency
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Easy one-touch slide lock
- Simple 90º turn-of-the-knob miter angle lock/unlock mechanism
- Rubberized soft grip handle
- Metal extension wings for durability
- Ergonomic rubberized horizontal D-handle design
- See-through blade guard system for greater visibility of blade and line of cut
- 3-stage L.E.D. gauges on the tool indicate battery charge level