Makita created a new class in cordless with 18V LXT® Sub-Compact tools. Makita Sub-Compact gives users 12V handling with 18V performance, and compatibility with the world’s largest 18V cordless tool system. The XSH04ZB is engineered for cutting and ripping applications, and is ideal for any contractor seeking a more compact cutting solution for framing, roofing, formwork, and more.
The Sub-Compact 6-1/2” Circular Saw has a compact and ergonomic design at only 10-5/8” and 6.4 lbs. (with 18V LXT® Compact 2.0Ah battery, battery and charger sold separately). The compact size combined with the Makita-built brushless motor delivers up to 5,000 RPM and a superior power-to-weight ratio. The saw is equipped with Makita’s Automatic Speed Change™ technology, which adjusts cutting speed and torque under load for optimum cutting performance. The efficient brushless motor is electronically controlled to provide up to 50% longer run time than non-brushless motors, and in run-time testing the XSH04 made up to 174 cross-cuts per charge in 2x10 SPF lumber using one 5.0Ah battery (sold separately). For extended run time users can load up a high amp-hour 18V LXT® battery (all sold separately) including 2.0Ah (BL1820B), 3.0Ah (BL1830B), 4.0Ah (BL1840B), 5.0Ah (BL1850B) or 6.0Ah (BL1860B).
Added convenience features include dual L.E.D. lights, electric brake, built-in tether notch (tether sold separately), and Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) for improved dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions. For improved dust extraction, the rear dust port easily connects to a vacuum system (dust extraction accessories sold separately).
(1) 6-1/2" 24T C.T. Saw Blade (A-85092)
(1) Dust Extracting Attachment (199230-9)
(1) Hex Wrench (783203-8)
Technical Data + Specifications
Blade Diameter : 6-1/2"
Arbor : 5/8"
Max. Cutting Capacity (at 90°) : 2-1/4"
Max. Cutting Capacity (at 45°) : 1-5/8"
No Load Speed : 5,000 RPM
Battery : 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
Overall Length : 10-5/8"
Net Weight (with battery) : 6.4 lbs.
Blade Location : Right
Shipping Weight : 7.6 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381863483
Benefits + Features
- Compact and ergonomic blade-right design at only 10-5/8" long
- Weighs only 6.4 lbs. with 2.0Ah battery (battery not included) for operator comfort
- Powerful Makita built electronically controlled BL™ Motor delivers 5,000 RPM for faster cutting and ripping
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL™ Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Large cutting capacity (2-1/4” at 90°) and bevel capacity (0°- 50°)
- LXT® technology delivers up to 174 crosscuts per charge in 2x10 SPF lumber using one 5.0Ah battery (battery not included)
- Automatic Speed Change™ technology adjusts cutting speed and torque during cut for optimum performance
- Dual L.E.D. lights illuminate the work area
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- Aluminum base and magnesium blade cover provide a lightweight, durable design
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- 3-stage L.E.D. gauge indicates battery charge level
- On-board blade wrench for convenience
- Built-in dust blower cleans the line of cut for operator accuracy
- Flat motor housing design for stability when changing the blade
- Ideal for framers, builders, roofers, forming, and more
- Built-in tether notch (tether sold separately)
- Includes a premium 24 tooth ultra thin kerf carbide tipped saw blade (A-85092) ideal for cordless circular saws; delivers smoother cuts and minimal material loss
- Included dust extracting attachment directs material away from the operator; allows connection to a vacuum for improved dust collection
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life.
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery