Landscapers are demanding more cordless alternatives to gas-powered outdoor power equipment. Makita is meeting demand with an expanding line-up of cordless OPE, including the 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Brushless String Trimmer (model XRU11M1). With zero emissions, lower noise, and considerably less maintenance, the 18V cordless string trimmer is a welcome solution for landscapers. It features an efficient Makita BL™ brushless motor for longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life. The kit includes an efficient Rapid Optimum Charger and an 18V LXT® 4.0Ah battery which reaches a full charge in only 40 minutes – the fastest charge-time in the category – for less downtime and increased productivity.
The efficient brushless motor delivers up to 6,000 RPM for faster cutting. The XRU11Z is equipped with Automatic Torque Drive Technology, which automatically shifts from 4,000-6,000 RPM depending on the density of the application. There are three speed options (4,000/5,000/6,000 RPM), allowing users to match the speed to the application. Additional features include a full 11-3/4” cutting swath, an easy-loading bump-and-feed trimmer head, and reverse rotation that allows users to quickly clear the head of entangled grass and weeds. The XRU11Z accepts industry standard M8x1.25 LH spindles.
The XRU11M1 features Makita Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™). XPT™ is a protective seal inside the tool, and is engineered for improved operation in harsh conditions by channeling water and dust from key internal components.
(1) 18V LXT® Brushless String Trimmer (XRU11Z)
(1) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 4.0Ah Battery (BL1840B)
(1) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Rapid Optimum Charger (DC18RC)
(1) Bump & Feed Trimmer Head, M8 X 1.25 LH (198386-5)
(1) Shoulder Strap
(1) Safety Goggles
(1) Hex Wrench
Technical Data + Specifications
Cutting Capacity (diameter) : 11-3/4"
No Load Speed (2 spd) : 4,000/6,000 RPM
Arbor Shaft : M8 x 1.25 LH
Overall Length : 70-1/2"
Net Weight (with battery) : 7.4 lbs.
Shipping Weight : 15.04 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381852104
Benefits + Features
- BL™ Brushless motor delivers up to 6,000 RPM for faster cutting
- Automatic Torque Drive Technology automatically shifts from 4,000-6,000 RPM depending on density of application
- 3-speed options (Low: 4,000 RPM, Medium: 5,000 RPM, High: 6,000 RPM) allows the operator to match speed to application
- 11-3/4" cutting swath for user convenience
- Accepts industry standard M8x1.25 LH spindles for more convenience
- Easy-loading bump and feed trimmer head for increased user convenience
- Reverse rotation system allows operator to quickly clear trimmer head of entangled grass and weeds
- Weighs only 7.4 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue
- Efficient BL™ Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL™ Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Compact size is ideal for trimming and precise edging
- L.E.D. battery indicator monitors battery charge status
- Overheat warning system turns on indicator light and is engineered to automatically stop motor
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 4.0Ah battery BL1840B features an integrated L.E.D. battery charge level indicator
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 4.0Ah battery BL1840B provides up to 35% more run time per charge compared to 3.0Ah battery BL1830
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 4.0Ah battery BL1840B reaches a full charge in 40 minutes or less
- The Makita Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery’s built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature
- Built-in fan circulates air through the battery during the charging process to cool the battery for faster charge time.
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers