Landscapers are demanding more cordless alternatives to gas-powered outdoor power equipment. Makita is meeting demand with an expanding line-up of cordless OPE, including the 18V X2 (36V) LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless String Trimmer Kit (model XRU09Z, tool only, batteries and charger sold separately). With zero emissions, lower noise and considerably less maintenance, the 18V X2 (36V) LXT cordless string trimmer is a welcome solution for landscapers. It's powered by two fast-charging 18V LXT batteries (sold separately) for maximum power and run time, but without leaving the strongly-preferred 18V battery platform.
The XRU09Z features a Makita-built Outer Rotor Brushless Motor with direct drive that provides high power and increased torque. When powered by two 18V 5.0Ah batteries, the efficient brushless motor delivers up to 60 minutes of run-time on the low setting on a single charge.
The String Trimmer features Makita Extreme Protection Technology (XPT). XPT is a protective seal inside the tool, and is engineered for improved operation in harsh conditions by channeling water and dust from key internal components.
Tool only, battery and charger sold separately.
(1) Bump & Feed Trimmer Head, M10 X 1.25 LH (197296-3)
Technical Data + Specifications
Cutting Capacity (diameter): 13-3/4"
No Load Speed (2 spd): 5,000/6,500 RPM
Arbor Shaft: M10 x 1.25 LH
Overall Length: 69"
Battery: 2X 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
Net Weight (with battery): 9.9 lbs.
Shaft Type: Straight
Power Type: Cordless
Shipping Weight: 11.9 lbs.
UPC Code: 088381813075
Benefits + Features
- Makita-built Outer Rotor BL™ Brushless Motor direct-drive system provides high power and increased torque
- 2-speed options (Low: 5,000 RPM, High: 6,500 RPM) allow the operator to match the speed to the application
- Equipped with bump and feed trimmer head loaded with 0.080" twisted quiet line
- Reverse rotation function allows operator to quickly clear trimmer head of entangled grass and weeds
- Direct-drive motor mounted directly on the trimmer head for increased efficiency and improved tool balance
- 13-3/4" cutting swath for increased productivity with more grass trimmed on each pass
- Weighs only 9.9 lbs. with batteries (batteries not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh job site conditions
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating