Landscapers are demanding more cordless alternatives to gas-powered outdoor power equipment. Makita is meeting demand with an expanding line-up of cordless OPE, including the 18V X2 (36V) LXT Lithium-Ion Brushless String Trimmer Kit (model XRU09PT). With zero emissions, lower noise and considerably less maintenance, the 18V X2 (36V) LXT cordless string trimmer is a welcome solution for landscapers. It's powered by two fast-charging 18V LXT batteries for maximum power and run time, but without leaving the strongly-preferred 18V battery platform.
With the efficient Makita BL brushless motor, the trimmer delivers longer run time, more power and speed, and longer tool life. In addition, the string trimmer rotates in the same counter-clockwise direction as professional-grade trimmers, and uses industry standard spindles (M10x1.25 LH) for added convenience. Model XRU09PT is a kit and includes two fast-charging 18V LXT 5.0Ah batteries and an efficient 18V Dual Port Rapid Optimum Charger.
Makita's efficient BL Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per battery charge than similar non-brushless tools. Electronic controls efficiently use battery energy to match the changing demands of the application for increased power and speed when needed. With no carbon brushes, the Makita BL Brushless motor runs cooler and more efficiently for longer life. The XRU09PT features a Makita-built Outer Rotor Brushless Motor with direct drive that provides high power and increased torque. When powered by two 18V 5.0Ah batteries, the efficient brushless motor delivers up to 60 minutes of run-time on the low setting on a single charge.
The String Trimmer features Makita Extreme Protection Technology (XPT). XPT is a protective seal inside the tool, and is engineered for improved operation in harsh conditions by channeling water and dust from key internal components.
(1) Bump & Feed Trimmer Head, M10 X 1.25 LH (197296-3)
(2) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah Battery (BL1850B)
(1) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Dual Port Charger (DC18RD)
Technical Data + Specifications
Cutting Capacity (diameter): 13-3/4"
No Load Speed (2 spd): 5,000/6,500 RPM
Battery: 2X 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
Overall Length: 69"
Net Weight (with battery): 9.9 lbs.
Shaft Type: Straight
Power Type: Cordless
Shipping Weight: 18.8 lbs.
UPC Code: 088381847636
Benefits + Features
- Makita-built Outer Rotor BL™ Brushless Motor direct-drive system provides high power and increased torque
- 2-speed options (Low: 5,000 RPM, High: 6,500 RPM) allow the operator to match the speed to the application
- Equipped with bump and feed trimmer head loaded with 0.080" twisted quiet line
- Reverse rotation function allows operator to quickly clear trimmer head of entangled grass and weeds
- Direct-drive motor mounted directly on the trimmer head for increased efficiency and improved tool balance
- 13-3/4" cutting swath for increased productivity with more grass trimmed on each pass
- Weighs only 9.9 lbs. with batteries (batteries not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh job site conditions
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating