Makita, a pioneer in brushless motor technology and battery innovation, combines both in the 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Brushless Recipro Saw (tool only). It has an electronically-controlled BL™ Brushless motor that matches torque and RPM to the application, and is powered by the industry’s fastest charging 18V lithium-ion batteries (sold separately). With Makita, users can remain in one battery platform, using the same fast-charging 18V batteries on the XRJ05Z as they use across the Makita 18V LXT® cordless tool line-up.
The XRJ05Z is equipped with efficiency features for faster cutting. The long 1-1/4” stroke length increases cutting efficiency, and the refined crank mechanism design minimizes blade deflection and reduces vibration. Convenience features include an L.E.D. light to illuminate the line of cut, a retractable tool hook, and “tool-less” blade change for faster blade installation and removal.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion series, the world’s largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style battery. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
(1) 6" Wood Cutting Recipro Saw Blade, 6TPI (723054-A-1)
Technical Data + Specifications
Length of Stroke : 1-1/4"
Max. Cutting Capacity (wood w/ 12" blade) : 10"
Max. Cutting Capacity (pipe) : 5-1/8"
Strokes Per Minute (var. 2 spd.) : 0 - 2,300 / 0 - 3,000 SPM
Overall Length : 17-1/4"
Battery : 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
Net Weight (with battery) : 8.2 lbs.
Variable speed dial : No
Built-in clutch : No
Orbital settings : No
Power Type : Cordless
Shipping Weight : 8.47 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381807609
Benefits + Features
- Makita-built variable 2-speed brushless motor delivers 0-2,300 (Low) & 0-3,000 (High) strokes per minute and a 1-1/4" stroke length for faster cutting
- "Tool-less" blade change system allows for faster blade installation and removal for increased productivity
- Variable speed trigger for added convenience
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 17-1/4" long
- Weighs only 8.2 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- Reinforced fixed shoe for added durability
- Large two-finger variable speed trigger for operator convenience
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- Refined crank mechanism design minimizes blade deflection and reduces vibration
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- Battery and charger sold separately
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers