The Makita 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless Planer (model XPK01Z, tool only) combines the speed and capacity of a corded planer with the convenience of cordless. The result is fast and accurate stock removal, without the cord.
Speed, Capacity and Ergonomics
The XPK01Z delivers 15,000 RPM and is engineered for fast stock removal. It will plane up to 3-1/4” wide and 5/64” deep in a single pass, with a 2-blade cutter head and double-edge carbide blades for added performance and a smooth finish. The click depth adjustment knob has an easy-to-read scale with settings from 0” to 5/64” for precise depth adjustment. In addition, the precision machined aluminum base is engineered for increased planning accuracy.
Comfort and ease-of-use features include a spring-loaded stand to elevate the base and protect the blades and work piece. Weighing only 7.4 pounds (with battery, sold separately), the XPK01Z has a high power-to-weight ratio and has an ergonomically-centered balanced design, with rubberized soft grip on the front and rear handles for increased comfort on the job. The blade setting system is engineered for fast blade installation, with an electric brake for maximum productivity.
The XPK01Z is engineered for door and window installers, finish carpenters, deck installers, remodelers, and general contractors seeking a best-in-class cordless planer.
(1) Socket Wrench (782209-3)
(1) 3-1/4" Planer Blade, 2/pk (D-46246)
(1) Blade Gauge (123010-1)
Technical Data + Specifications
Planing Width : 3-1/4"
Planing Depth : 5/64"
No Load Speed : 15,000 RPM
Overall Length : 13-1/8"
Net Weight (with battery) : 7.4 lbs.
Battery : 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
Max. no load speed : 15,000 RPM
Power Type : Cordless
Shipping Weight : 9.42 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381662673
Benefits + Features
- 2-blade cutter head with double edge carbide blades for added performance and smooth finish
- High power-to-weight ratio; weighs only 7.4 lbs. with battery (battery not included)
- 15,000 RPM motor engineered for faster stock removal
- Click depth adjustment knob with easy-to-read scale with settings from 0" - 5/64" for precise depth adjustment
- Spring-loaded stand elevates the base to protect the blades and workpiece
- Precision machined aluminum base for planing accuracy
- Ergonomically centered balance with rubberized soft grips on the front and rear handles for increased comfort on the job
- Easy blade setting system for fast blade installation
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- 3-year limited warranty
- Battery and charger sold separately
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers