The 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless 5" Random Orbit Sander (model XOB01T) delivers increased efficiency and mobility to woodworkers. The XOB01T features three speed settings, superior ergonomics and up to 40 minutes of run time on a single charge. Match the speed to the application with three speed settings (7,000/9,500/11,000 OPM), which are easily changed with a one-touch electronic control switch. The large 1/8” random orbit action is engineered for efficient sanding, fast material removal, and a swirl-free finish. The pad brake reduces free-spin for improved overall finish, and a control system regulates pad speed at start-up. The XOB01T uses quick-change 5” (8-hole) hook-and-loop abrasive paper for increased versatility.
(1) 18V LXT® Random Orbit Sander (XOB01Z)
(2) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah Battery (BL1850B)
(1) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Rapid Optimum Charger (DC18RC)
(1) Dust Bag (166078-4)
(1) 5" Round Abrasive Disc, Hook & Loop, 120 Grit (794520-1-1)
(1) Tool Bag
Technical Data + Specifications
Pad Size (round) : 5"
Abrasive Disc Size : 5"
Orbits Per Minute (3 speed) : 7,000, 9,500, 11,000 OPM
Orbit Diameter : 1/8"
Battery : 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
Vibration (m/s²) : 2.5
Dimensions (LxWxH) : 6-7/8" x 4-7/8" x 6"
Net Weight (with battery) : 3.6 lbs.
Variable speed dial : No
Maximum orbits per minute : 11,000 OPM
Power Type : Cordless
Form Factor (LXT) : 18V LXT®
Motor Type : Brushed
Shipping Weight : 11.14 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381834124
Benefits + Features
- Three speed settings (7,000/9,500/11,000 OPM) engineered for faster material removal
- Up to 65 minutes (low speed) and 32 minutes (high speed) of run time on a single charge
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B provides up to 65% more run time per charge*
- Large 1/8" random orbit action engineered for faster sanding and swirl-free finish
- One-touch electronic speed control switch provides fast, medium and low settings
- Ergonomically designed body and grip for increased operator comfort
- Pad brake engineered for reduced free-spin and improved overall finish
- Pad control system for controlled pad speed upon start-up
- Efficient through-the-pad dust collection system for a cleaner work environment
- Dust-sealed switch and bearing for longer tool life
- Uses quick-change 5" (8-hole) hook-and-loop abrasive paper
- Oversized sealed-ball bearing construction for longer tool life
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B, features an integrated L.E.D. battery charge level indicator
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B reaches a full charge in 45 minutes or less
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time, so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- *compared to BL1830