The Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Cordless 1/2" Driver-Drill (model XFD01) delivers power, performance and improved ergonomics in a compact size for a full range of drilling and driving applications. It's part of Makita's expanding 18V Lithium-Ion series, the world's largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style battery. The Makita 18V LXT battery has the fastest charge time in its category, so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger. The XFD01 is powered by a Makita-built 4-pole motor with bigger front end ball bearings, and delivers 480 in.lbs. of Max Torque and 290 in.lbs. of PTI Torque.
The planetary gear system and transmission is engineered for increased durability in a more compact size, so the XFD01 is only 7-9/16" long and weighs 3.8 lbs. (with battery). The XFD01 has 16 clutch settings and a 2-speed all-metal transmission (0-400/0-1,500 RPM) to cover a wide range of applications. The improved ergonomic design with a new rubberized soft grip delivers increased comfort on the job, and the built-in L.E.D. light illuminates the drilling surface for applications in dark spaces and close quarters.
The XFD01 is engineered for a range of drilling and driving applications, and is ideal for HVAC, electrical, plumbing, remodeling, woodworking, and more. The combination of power and performance in a compact size makes it ideal for any tool user who requires a best-in-class engineered cordless driver-drill.
Technical Data + Specifications
Benefits + Features
- Makita-built 4-pole motor delivers 480 in-lbs. of maximum torque and 290 in-lbs. of PTI Torque.
- Variable 2-speed transmission (0 - 400 & 0 - 1,500 RPM) covers a wide range of drilling and driving applications
- Built-in LED light with afterglow illuminates the work area
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 7-9/16 in. long
- Weighs only 3.3 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue
- Rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging
- Accepts all Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion battery for even longer run times
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time, so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger