Landscapers and contractors are demanding more cordless alternatives to gas-powered outdoor power equipment. Makita is meeting demand with an expanding line of cordless OPE, including the 36V (18V X2) LXT® Brushless 14” Chain Saw Kit (model XCU07PT). With zero emissions, lower noise, and considerably less maintenance, the XCU07PT is a welcome solution for cutting and trimming applications. It’s powered by two 18V LXT® batteries for 36V power and run time, but without leaving the strongly-preferred 18V battery platform. And with the efficient Makita outer rotor brushless motor with direct drive system, users get high power efficiency that is equivalent to a gas chain saw.
The XCU07PT has a 14” guide bar and the Makita-built motor with variable speed delivers 0-3,940 FPM for increased cutting speed. It has zero emissions and reduced maintenance: there's no engine oil to change, no spark plug to replace, and no air filter or muffler to clean. And there's no need to drain the fuel for storage. Simply pick it up, load two 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion batteries, and the saw is ready to use. Convenience features include captured bar nuts, lateral chain tensioning, a front hand guard engineered to actuate chain brake when engaged, and a built-on lock lever to help prevent the chain from accidentally engaging.
(1) 36V (18V X2) LXT® Brushless 14" Chain Saw (XCU07Z)
(2) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah Battery (BL1850B)
(1) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Dual Port Charger (DC18RD)
(1) 14" Guide Bar, 3/8” LP, .043” (E-00072)
(1) 14" Saw Chain, 3/8” LP, .043” (E-00228)
(1) 14" Chain Cover (419242-9)
Technical Data + Specifications
Guide Bar Length : 14"
Pitch : 3/8" LP
Gauge : .043"
Chain Speed : 3,940 FPM
Net Weight (with battery) : 11.2 lbs.
Net Weight (without battery) : 8.4 lbs.
Battery : 2X 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
Power Type : Cordless
Handle Type (Chainsaws) : Rear Handle
Form Factor (LXT) : X2
Motor Type : Brushless
Shipping Weight : 18.9 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381870658
Benefits + Features
- No gas, emissions, oil mixing or pull starts
- Low noise level for operator comfort
- Makita-built Outer Rotor BL™ Brushless Motor direct-drive system provides power of a 32cc gas chain saw
- Two 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion batteries deliver 36V power and performance without leaving the 18V LXT® platform
- Lateral chain tensioning with dual stud for efficient chain retention
- Captured bar nuts are retained in sprocket cover for convenient setup and maintenance
- Variable speed trigger and high chain speed (0-3,940 FPM) for improved cutting performance
- Adjustable automatic chain lubrication with large oil reservoir
- Large oil filling port with view window allows operator to easily add and check bar oil level
- Rubberized soft grip top handle is engineered for the user to more easily apply even cutting pressure
- Includes 14" sprocket nose guide bar and 3/8 low profile pitch, .043" gauge chain
- Features Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) which is engineered to provide increased dust and water resistance in harsh job site conditions
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger