Makita has delivered a cordless cutting solution for steel rod cutting with the 18V LXT® Brushless Cordless Threaded Rod Cutter (XCS03Z, tool only). It will make up to 1,300 cuts of 3/8” coarse thread threaded rod and 1,200 cuts of 3/8” coarse thread stainless steel threaded rod with a 5.0Ah battery (sold separately). The compact design makes the XCS03Z ideal for overhead cutting of installed threaded rod. Provides spark-free cuts that are clean and burr-free allowing easy hand-threading of fastener or nut.
Tool only, battery and charger sold separately.
(1) 3/8" Cutter Blade Set (199081-0)
(1) 1/4" Cutter Blade Set (199444-0)
(1) Depth Gauge
(1) Blade Cover
(1) Hex Wrench
Technical Data + Specifications
Blade Configuration: Double sided
Max. Cutting Capacity: 3/8"
Min. Cutting Capacity: 1/4"
Battery: 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
Overall Length: 7-7/8"
Net Weight (with battery): 7 lbs.
Power Type: Cordless
Shipping Weight: 7.06 lbs.
UPC Code: 088381880770
Benefits + Features
- Provides spark-free cuts that are clean and burr-free for easy hand-threading of fastener or nut
- Up to 1,300 cuts of 3/8” mild steel threaded rod and 1,200 cuts of 3/8” stainless steel threaded rod with one 18V LXT 5.0Ah battery (battery not included)
- Ideal for overhead cutting of installed threaded rod including 1/4" and 3/8" coarse thread diameter sizes
- Ergonomically designed handle provides a more comfortable hand position for increased comfort and less fatigue
- Compact design at only 7-7/8" long and weighs only 7 lbs. with battery (battery not included)
- Automatic blade stop mechanism returns blade to open position once cut is complete to continue operation
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL™ Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Integrated two-position threaded rod guide helps stabilize material for precise cuts
- L.E.D. light with afterglow illuminate the work area for increased visibility
- Retractable hook allows tool to remain close by, but not in the way
- Rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- Equipped with shoulder strap hook for maximum portability
- Includes reversible double-edged cutting dies for twice the life of the blade
- On-board hex wrench storage for fast and convenient blade changes
- The electronically-controlled BL™ Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers