Makita, a pioneer in brushless motor technology and battery innovation, combines both in the 18V X2 LXT® (36V) Lithium-Ion Brushless 7” Paddle Switch/Angle Grinder with Electric Brake. It's powered by two 18V Lithium-Ion batteries (batteries and charger sold separately) for 36V power and performance, and has an electronically-controlled BL™ Brushless motor that matches torque and RPM to the application. Makita 18V X2 means freedom from the cord, even for demanding applications like grinding and cut-off applications that often call for a corded grinder. Best of all, users can remain in one battery platform, using the same fast-charging 18V batteries on the XAG12Z1 as they use across the Makita 18V LXT® cordless tool system.
The XAG12Z1 is equipped with efficiency features for maximum performance. The electric brake stops the grinding or cut-off wheel in 4.5 second or less for maximum productivity, and the Electronic Torque Control turns the motor off if rotation speed suddenly slows or the wheel is forced to a stop. For consistent performance, Automatic Speed Change™ technology adjust speed and torque during operation. For added comfort the vibration absorbing back handle is isolated from the motor housing for reduced vibration, and the soft start feature suppresses start-up reaction for smoother start-ups and longer gear life. It has a no lock-on rear handle paddle switch, and the anti-restart protection is engineered to prevent motor start-up when the battery is inserted with the switch locked on.
(1) 7" Tool-less Wheel Guard (123542-8)
(1) 7" Cut-Off Wheel Guard (122914-4)
(1) Side Handle (143486-6)
(1) 7" x 1/4" x 7/8" INOX Grinding Wheel, 36 Grit (A-96045)
(1) 7" x 1/16" x 7/8" INOX Thin Cut-Off Wheel, 60 Grit (B-12669)
(1) Lock Nut Wrench (782412-6)
Technical Data + Specifications
Wheel Diameter: 7"
Battery: 2X 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
No Load Speed: 7,800 RPM
Spindle Thread: 5/8" - 11 UNC
Lock-On Switch: No
Lock-Off Switch: Yes
Switch Type: Rear trigger handle
Electric Brake: Yes
Variable speed control dial: No
Automatic-start Wireless System (AWS™): No
Overall Length: 19-5/8"
Net Weight (with battery): 11.4 lbs.
Power Type: Cordless
Bind-Up Control: Yes
Shipping Weight: 12.3 lbs.
UPC Code: 088381-849753
Benefits + Features
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL™ Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life; delivers 7,800 RPM
- Two 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion batteries deliver corded power without leaving the 18V LXT® battery platform (batteries not included)
- Electric brake stops the grinding or cut-off wheel in 4.5 seconds or less for maximum productivity
- Active Feedback-sensing Technology (AFT®) turns the motor off if rotation of the wheel is suddenly forced to stop
- Automatic Speed Change™ technology adjusts speed and torque during operation for optimum performance
- Vibration absorbing back handle is isolated from the motor housing effectively reducing vibration to the operator's hands
- Rear handle paddle switch with no lock-on feature
- Efficient BL™ Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The electronically-controlled BL™ Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Anti-restart protection engineered to prevent motor start up when battery is inserted with switch locked on
- Weighs only 11.4 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- L.E.D. battery charge indicator alerts user of drained power for each of the two batteries (batteries not included)
- Large spindle lock button for easier wheel changes while wearing gloves
- Protective roll cage helps protect batteries from damage due to common everyday handling (batteries not included)
- Wire mesh intake covers are engineered to prevent debris from entering motor
- Tool-less wheel guard for quick and easy adjustments
- Efficient internal cooling is engineered for optimum performance
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- 3-year limited warranty