Makita, a pioneer in brushless motor technology and battery innovation, combines both in the 18V X2 LXT® (36V) Lithium-Ion Brushless 7” Paddle Switch/Angle Grinder with Electric Brake. Its powered by two 18V Lithium-Ion batteries for 36V power and performance, and has an electronically-controlled BL™ Brushless motor that matches torque and RPM to the application. Makita 18V X2 means freedom from the cord, even for demanding applications like grinding and cut-off applications that often call for a corded grinder.
The XAG12PT is equipped with efficiency features for maximum performance. The electric brake stops the grinding or cut-off wheel in 4.5 second or less for maximum productivity, and the Electronic Torque Control turns the motor off if rotation speed suddenly slows or the wheel is forced to a stop. For consistent performance, Automatic Speed Change™ technology adjust speed and torque during operation. For added comfort the vibration absorbing back handle is isolated from the motor housing for reduced vibration, and the soft start feature suppresses start-up reaction for smoother start-ups and longer gear life. It has a no lock-on rear paddle trigger switch, and the anti-restart protection is engineered to prevent motor start-up when the battery is inserted with the switch locked on.
(1) 18V X2 LXT® (36V) Brushless 7” Cut-Off/Angle Grinder (XAG12Z1)
(2) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah Battery (BL1850B)
(1) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Dual Port Charger (DC18RD)
(1) 7" Tool-less Wheel Guard (123542-8)
(1) 7" Cut-Off Wheel Guard (122914-4)
(1) 7" x 1/4" x 7/8" INOX Grinding Wheel, 36 Grit (A-96045)
(1) 7" x 1/16" x 7/8" INOX Thin Cut-Off Wheel, 60 Grit (B-12669)
(1) Side Handle (143486-6)
(1) 23" Contractor Tool Bag (831284-7)
Technical Data + Specifications
Wheel Diameter: 7"
Battery: 2X 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
No Load Speed: 7,800 RPM
Spindle Thread: 5/8" - 11 UNC
Switch Type: Rear trigger handle
Overall Length: 19-5/8"
Net Weight (with battery): 11.4 lbs.
Power Type: Cordless
Electric Brake: Yes
Max. Cutting Depth: 1-7/8"
Vibration – Surface Grinding (m/s²): 7.5
Variable speed control dial: No
Shipping Weight: 29.768 lbs.
UPC Code: 088381849746
Benefits + Features
- BL brushless motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life; delivers 7,800 RPM
- Two 18-Volt LXT lithium-ion batteries deliver corded power without leaving the 18-Volt LXT battery platform
- Electric brake stops the grinding or cut-off wheel in 4.5 seconds or less for maximum productivity
- Electronic torque control turns the motor off if rotation of the wheel is suddenly forced to stop
- Automatic speed change technology adjusts speed and torque during operation for optimum performance
- Vibration absorbing back handle is isolated from the motor housing effectively reducing vibration to the operator's hands
- Rear handle paddle switch with no lock-on feature
- Efficient BL brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- Electronically-controlled BL brushless motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Anti-restart protection engineered to prevent motor start up when battery is inserted with switch locked on
- Weighs only 11.4 lbs. with battery for reduced operator fatigue
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- L.E.D. battery charge indicator alerts user of drained power for each of the 2 batteries
- Large spindle lock button for easier wheel changes while wearing gloves
- Protective roll cage helps protect batteries from damage due to common everyday handling
- Wire mesh intake covers are engineered to prevent debris from entering motor
- Tool-less wheel guard for quick and easy adjustments