Makita delivers corded grinding performance without the cord with the 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Brushless 4-1/2" / 5” Cut-Off/Angle Grinder (tool only, battery and charger sold separately). It's powered by a Makita brushless motor for longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life. For the most demanding applications, Makita’s exclusive Automatic Speed Change™ Technology automatically adjusts speed and torque during operation for optimal performance. The XAG04Z is ideal for grinding, cutting and sanding a wide range of materials including tile, concrete, pipe, conduit, and more.
For improved tool performance and extended battery life, Makita created Star Protection Computer Controls™. Star Protection is communication technology that allows the Star Protection-equipped tool and battery to exchange data in real time and monitor conditions during use to protect against overloading, over-discharging and overheating. For increased versatility, the tool can also be powered by Makita 18V LXT® and Compact Lithium-Ion batteries with the star symbol on the battery indicating Star Protection inside.
(1) 5" x 1/4" x 7/8" INOX Grinding Wheel, 36 Grit (A-95962)
(1) 5" Ultra Thin Cut-Off Wheel, Stainless (B-46165)
(1) Side Handle (158237-4)
(1) Lock Nut Wrench (782424-9)
(1) 5" Cut-Off Wheel Guard (126686-3)
(1) 5" Tool-less Wheel Guard (126687-1)
Technical Data + Specifications
Wheel Diameter: 5"
Battery: 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
No Load Speed: 8,500 RPM
Spindle Thread: 5/8" - 11 UNC
Lock-On Switch: Yes
Lock-Off Switch: No
Switch Type: Body grip/slide
Overall Length: 14-1/4"
Net Weight (with battery): 5.8 lbs.
Variable speed control dial: No
Electric Brake: No
Power Type: Cordless
Bind-Up Control: Yes
Shipping Weight: 7 lbs.
UPC Code: 088381684613
Benefits + Features
- Automatic Speed Change™ technology adjusts speed and torque during operation for optimum performance
- Active Feedback-sensing Technology (AFT®) turns the motor off if rotation of the wheel is suddenly forced to stop
- The BL™ Brushless Motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the BL™ Motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Efficient BL™ Brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The electronically-controlled BL™ Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 14-1/4" long
- Weighs only 5.6 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- Slide switch with lock-on for operator convenience
- 3-stage L.E.D. gauge indicates battery charge level
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Spiral bevel gears for smoother rotations and a more efficient transfer of energy
- Anti-restart protection engineered to prevent motor start up when battery is inserted with switch locked on
- Efficient internal cooling is engineered for optimum performance
- Wire mesh intake covers are engineered to prevent debris from entering motor
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- Battery and charger sold separately
- 3-year limited warranty