The 18V LXT® Brushless ½” Right Angle Drill (XAD05Z, tool only) offers freedom from the cord, with superior cordless drilling speed. The XAD05Z will take on the most demanding applications like drilling up to 5” holes with hole saws and 2-9/16” holes with self-feed bits.
The XAD05Z has a long list of features for drilling with superior speed and efficiency. The brushless motor and two-speed transmission deliver no-load speeds of 0-450 RPM and 0-1,400 RPM. Users also benefit with long run time: the XAD05 will deliver up to 105 1-1/2" holes per charge in 2x SPF lumber using one 18V LXT 5.0Ah Battery and a self-feed bit (sold separately).
Added features include metal gear housing for durability, an electric brake for maximum productivity, and dual L.E.D. lights to illuminate the work area.
(1) Chuck key (763259-7)
(1) Key holder (413434-2)
Technical Data + Specifications
Capacity (wood, w/ hole saw) : 5"
Capacity (wood, w/ ship auger bit) : 1-1/2"
Capacity (wood, w/ self feed bit) : 2-9/16"
No Load Speed (var. 2 spd) : 0 - 450 / 0 - 1,400 RPM
Battery : 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
Overall Length : 17-1/8"
Net Weight (with battery) : 7.6 lbs.
Chuck Size : 1/2"
Chuck Type : Keyed
Shipping Weight : 7.92 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381741958
Benefits + Features
- Makita-built brushless motor with two speed, variable speed (0-450 RPM and 0-1,400 RPM) for maximum efficiency and a wide range of drilling applications
- Weighs only 7.6 lbs. with battery and slim barrel design for reduced operator fatigue (battery not included)
- Drills up to 200 7/8" holes in 2X SPF with 5.0Ah battery (battery and bit not included)
- Drills up to 5" holes with hole saws and 2-9/16" holes with self feed bits
- Built-in L.E.D light with pre-glow and afterglow illuminates the work area
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) is engineered for improved dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- Soft start feature for smooth start-ups
- Retractable tool hook secures the tool when not in use; optional tether can be attached to tool hook
- Includes chuck key with convenient on-tool storage
- Compact and ergonomic design at 17-1/8" long
- Ergonomically designed handle with rubberized soft grip provides increased comfort on the job
- Efficient brushless motor is electronically controlled to optimize battery energy use for up to 50% longer run time per charge
- The electronically-controlled brushless motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and SPM to the changing demands of the application
- Makita-built brushless motor eliminates carbon brushes, enabling the motor to run cooler and more efficiently for longer life
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers
- Battery and charger not included