The Makita 6-1/2” Plunge Cut Circular Saw (model SP6000J) delivers precise and more accurate cutting when combined with an optional guide rail system constructed with anodized aluminum for smooth, straight cuts. The saw and rail system work together to produce accurate cuts with minimal tear-out. The saw combines a powerful 12 AMP motor and a large cutting capacity with magnesium components for less weight and electronic speed control to maintain constant speed under load for smooth cutting and a splinter-free mirror finish. The SP6000J is a more portable option to a table saw for select applications, and it is ideal for use on the jobsite or in a workshop.
Precision Settings and Features for Quality Cuts
The saw has a bevel capability of -1° to 48° with positive stops at 22.5° and 45°. The saw delivers precise cutting, as the position of the blade enters the material on the same cutting line whether cutting straight or bevel. In addition, the saw has close-to-wall cutting (11/16-inch) for expanded cutting applications. The built-in depth stop allows a preliminary cut of 1/16-inch to be performed before the entire material is cut through for clean and splinter-free cutting
12 AMP Direct-Drive Power for Smooth Cutting
The SP6000J has a powerful 12 AMP motor with soft start for smooth start-ups, and Electronic Speed Control to maintain a constant speed under load for smooth cutting. The variable speed dial control (2,000 – 5,200 RPM) allows the user to set the speed for optimum performance in a variety of materials. The built-in torque limiter helps prevent motor burnout, with an electric brake for added productivity.
Precision Cuts and Ease of Use
The saw includes a range of convenient features, including a large top handle, an electric brake for more productivity, as well as a lock-lever that attaches the saw to the rail system so the saw stays on the rail when positioned for a bevel cut. The smooth and convenient plunge release lever is designed for operator comfort, and the depth adjustment with large scale is easy to set.
Best in Class for a Range of Applications
The SP6000J is engineered for cutting sheet material, finish work, trim work, and remodeling. It is ideal for a broad range of trades, including cabinet installers, cabinet manufacturers, finish carpenters, stair installers, flooring installers, woodworkers, and general contractors seeking a best-in-class 6-1/2” Plunge Circular Saw.
(1) 6-1/2" 48T C.T. Plunge Saw Blade (B-07353)
(1) Hex Wrench (783203-8)
(1) Interlocking Case, X-Large (197213-3)
Technical Data + Specifications
Blade Diameter : 6-1/2"
Arbor (mm) : 20 mm
Max. Cutting Capacity (at 90°) : 2-3/16"
Max. Cutting Capacity (at 45°) : 1-9/16"
No Load Speed (variable speed) : 2,000 - 5,200 RPM
Watts Out : 1,800
AMPS : 12
Overall Length : 13-3/8"
Net Weight : 9.7 lbs.
Power Type : Corded
Shipping Weight : 17.9 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381639002
Benefits + Features
- 12 AMP motor with variable speed control dial (2,000 - 5,200 RPM) for optimum performance in a variety of materials
- Large cutting capacity (2-3/16" at 90° and 1-9/16" at 45°)
- Bevel capability (-1 to 48°) with positive stops at 22.5° and 45°
- Close to the wall cutting (11/16") for expanded cutting applications
- Ideal for cutting large wood panels and other wood materials in confined areas
- 1-1/2" OD dust port directs material away from the operator and connects to a vacuum system
- Electronic speed control maintains constant speed under load for smooth cutting
- Built-in current limiter helps prevent motor burnout
- Soft start feature for smooth start-ups
- Easy-to-set depth adjustment with large scale
- Smooth and convenient plunge release lever for operator comfort
- Magnesium components deliver a well balanced and lightweight saw at only 9.7 lbs.
- Dual front and rear bevel supports provide additional rigidity for precise and accurate bevel cuts
- Precise straight and 45º bevel cuts as the position of the blade enters the material on the same sight line when using a guide rail
- Locking lever holds the blade in position so that the wrench can be inserted through the hole in the blade case for easier blade installation
- On-board hex wrench for fast and easy blade changes
- Built-in depth stop allows a preliminary first cut of 2 to 3mm to be performed prior to cutting through the entire material for clean and splinter-free cutting
- Rubberized handles for added comfort
- Large 1-7/16" rear dust port directs material away from the operator and easily connects to a vacuum system
- Includes a premium 48 tooth carbide tipped blade
- Optional guide rail system interacts with the saw base to provide smooth, perfect, dead-on straight or bevel cutting (available as SP6000J1)
- Slide lever on saw base designed to engage the optional guide rail (sold separately) when bevel cutting for stability
- Saw base is attachable to other guide rail systems in the market
- Optional Accessories: Guide Rail:118" - 194367-7, 55" - 194368-5 Clamp Set: 194385-5 Rip Fence: 165447-6