Local Pick Up Only.
Please call for freight shipping charges.
Compressors are workhorse tools on the job site, and Makita compressors are contractor favorites for their faster recovery time, lower noise, longer tool life, and consistent job site performance.
The 5.5 HP Big Bore™ Gas Air Compressor (MAC5501G) has a powerful Honda GX160 4-stroke engine for increased performance and superior reliability, with a “V” Twin style pump that runs cooler and provides up to 12.5 CFM at 100 PSI for faster recovery. Cast iron pump with Big Bore™ cylinder and piston is engineered to provide durability and faster recovery time for improved performance. And Unlike other Gas Compressors, the gauges and couplers on the MAC5501G are built into the base of the motor and pump for additional protection and added durability.
(2) 1/4" Universal Quick Coupler, Male (447013-E)
Technical Data + Specifications
Maximum Horsepower: 5-1/2 HP
Running Horsepower: 5.5 HP
Tank: 10 gal.
Performance (40 PSI): 14 CFM
Performance (90 PSI): 12.5 CFM
Maximum Pressure: 135 PSI
Overall Length: 46"
Net Weight: 192 lbs.
Pump Type: Oil-Lubricated
Gas or electric: Gas
Shipping Weight: 233 lbs.
UPC Code: 088381685634
Benefits + Features
- Powerful Honda GX160 4-stroke engine for increased performance and superior reliability
- 10-gallon twin tanks provide air supply to multiple nailers
- "V" Twin Style Pump runs cooler and provides 12.5 CFM at 100 PSI
- Cast iron "V" Twin Style Pump with Big Bore™ cylinder and piston is engineered to run cooler with a faster recovery time for increased performance
- 12” non-flat tire for easier job site maneuverability
- Additional 1/2" ball valve for use as a non-regulated outlet; allows up to a 1/2" air hose to be attached for use with a secondary air tank
- Industrial-grade recoil starter with ergonomic grip and recoil rope design for faster, easier starts
- Automatic idle control engineered to reduce gas consumption and service life
- Convenient oil drain valve at the front of the pump for easier access
- Pump is oil-lubricated for cooler running temperatures and reduced wear
- Large automotive style industrial air filters for increased air intake and greater efficiency
- Integrated control panel with oversized pressure gauges for easier visibility of tank and hose pressure
- Lever-handle ball valve tank drain improves upon standard petcock design for easier maintenance and air tank release
- Anti-vibration rubberized feet for less vibration and reduced “crawling” during use
- Fully enclosed belt drive with large fly-wheel for more efficient cooling of the pump
- Stainless steel braided discharge hose for increased corrosion resistance and durability
- Low profile design for easier transport and storage
- Oil sight glass for fast, easy and efficient maintenance
- Two universal brass couplers for increased durability and reduced corrosion
- Ideal for framers, roofers, siding installation, decking, fencing, farming, general contractors, rental industry and more
- *Maximum horsepower