Makita’s 12” Compound Miter Saw (model LS1221) combines power, performance, and ease of use for most common miter cuts for a range of applications.
15 AMP Motor for Improved Performance
The LS1221 has a dynamically balanced 15 AMP direct drive motor with 4,000 RPM for improved performance, and is engineered not to slip or bog down like belt-drive units.
Precise Miter and Bevel Cuts
The LS1221 has a large capacity with a 4-1/2-inch tall pivoting fence for cutting up to 5-1/2-inch crown molding and a pivoting fence for supporting larger stock. The saw has 9 positive miter stops at 15°, 22.5°, 31.6°, and 45° (left or right), and 0° (90° cuts). The precision-machined aluminum base ensures accurate cuts. Ease-of-use features include a horizontal D-handle design for easy and comfortable operation, and a compact size (weighs only 37 lbs.) for easy portability.
Best in Class for a Range of Applications
The LS1221 is engineered for a broad range of trades, including finish carpenters, professional woodworkers, case and base installers, cabinet installers, decking and flooring applications, siding installers, general contractors seeking a best-in-class 12” compound miter saw for the jobsite or the benchtop.
(1) 12" 40T Micro-Polished Miter Saw Blade (A-93706)
(1) Vertical Vise (122540-9)
(1) Extension Wing (323726-0)
(1) Socket Wrench (782232-8)
(1) Dust Bag (122852-0)
Technical Data + Specifications
Blade Diameter : 12"
Arbor : 5/8"
Max. Cutting Capacity (miter 90°) : 3-7/8" x 6"
Max. Cutting Capacity (miter 45°, L/R) : 2-3/4" x 5-7/8"
No Load Speed : 4,000 RPM
Dimensions (LxWxH) : 24" x 26-1/2" x 23-7/8"
AMPS : 15
Net Weight : 37 lbs.
Stand included : No
Bench & Stationary Tool Type : Compound miter saw
Power Type : Corded
Shipping Weight : 50 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381041027
Benefits + Features
- Large cutting capacity (3-7/8" x 6" at 90°)
- 4-1/2" tall pivoting fence for cutting up to 5-1/2" crown molding
- Powerful 15 AMP direct drive motor delivers 4,000 RPM for smooth performance
- Positive miter stops at 9 settings; 15°, 22.5°, 31.6°, 45° right or left and 0° (90° cuts)
- Horizontal D-handle design for easy and comfortable operation
- Carbide tipped blade for precision cutting
- Electric brake for maximum productivity
- Pivoting fence for supporting larger material
- Weighs only 37 lbs. for easy portability
- Includes high quality 12" x 1" 40T micro-polished miter saw blade, extension wings, vertical vise, wrench, and dust bag