The Makita KP0800K 3-1/4-Inch Planer delivers power, cutting capacity and ease of use. It is ideal for professional construction framing, window and door installation, and fine woodworking.
The KP0800K features a 6.5 AMP motor that delivers more output power, with a two-blade cutter head and 17,000 RPM for increased stock removal and superior finishes. The KP0800K is equipped with double edge carbide blades for added performance, and can plane up to 3-1/4 inches wide and 3/32 inches deep in a single pass. The rigid die-cast aluminum housing with all ball bearing construction is engineered for long tool life, and the precision-machined aluminum base delivers more planning accuracy.
The KP0800K weighs only 5.7 pounds for a high power-to-weight ratio, with an ergonomically-centered balance and rubberized front and rear handles for more comfortable operation. The machined aluminum and balanced planer drum is engineered for reduced vibration and added durability, and the spring-loaded stand elevates the base to protect the blades and workpiece. Additional ease-of-use features include a lock-on button for continuous operation, and an easy blade setting system for fast blade installation.
(1) 3-1/4" Planer Blade, 2/pk (D-46246)
(1) Blade Gauge (123010-1)
(1) Socket Wrench (782209-3)
(1) Guide Rule (165581-2)
(1) Tool Case (824892-1)
Technical Data + Specifications
Planing Width: 3-1/4"
Planing Depth: 3/32"
No Load Speed: 17,000 RPM
Overall Length: 11-1/4"
Net Weight: 5.7 lbs.
Max. no load speed: 17,000 RPM
Power Type: Corded
Shipping Weight: 12 lbs.
UPC Code: 088381603935
Benefits + Features
- 6.5 AMP motor delivers more output power for increased stock removal and superior finishes
- Planes up to 3-1/4" wide and 3/32" deep in a single pass
- Two-blade cutter head with 17,000 RPM delivers smooth finish and fast stock removal
- Spring-loaded stand elevates the base to protect the blades and workpiece
- Easy blade setting system for fast blade installation
- Precision machined aluminum base for planing accuracy
- Equipped with double edge carbide blades for added performance
- Rigid die-cast aluminum housing with all-ball bearing construction for longer tool life
- High power-to-weight ratio; weighs only 5.7 lbs.
- Machined aluminum and balanced planer drum for reduced vibration and added durability
- Lock-on button for continuous operation
- Click depth adjustment knob with easy-to-read scale with settings from 0" to 3/32" (0.1mm increments) for precise depth adjustment
- Ergonomically centered balance with rubberized front and rear handles for added comfort
- High quality poly-v belt provides added durability
- Can be equipped with large, high speed steel blades (optional accessory)
- Double insulated