The Makita 16 Gauge Shear (model JS1602) combines power and improved ergonomics for a range of metal cutting applications. The powerful 3.3 AMP motor delivers 4,000 SPM, with a minimum cutting radius of 1-3/16” for precision applications. Additional features include a lock-on switch for continuous operation, and a built-in thickness gauge for added convenience.
The JS1602 weighs only 3.4 lbs. with a small circumference barrel grip (only 2-1/4”) for added comfort. The JS1602 is engineered for cutting sheet metal and metal decking, and is ideal for a full range of applications including production sheet metal, architectural sheet metal, sheet metal fabrication, decking, roofing, signs, and more.
(1) Hex Wrench (783201-2)
(1) Shear Blade Set (191383-0)
Technical Data + Specifications
Capacity (aluminum, ga.) : 13 ga.
Capacity (mild steel, ga.) : 16 ga.
Capacity (stainless, ga.) : 18 ga.
Strokes Per Minute : 4,000 SPM
AMPS : 3.3
Overall Length : 12-1/2"
Net Weight : 3.4 lbs.
Cutting Radius : 1-3/16"
360° Rotating Head : No
Power Type : Corded
Shipping Weight : 4.85 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381634120
Benefits + Features
- Powerful 3.3 AMP motor delivers 4,000 SPM for the most demanding applications
- Smaller circumference barrel grip (only 2-1/4”) for added comfort
- Refined design at only 3.4 lbs. for increased control
- Lock-on slide switch for continuous operation
- Built-in thickness gauge for added convenience
- Engineered for continuous operation in 16 gauge mild steel and 18 gauge stainless steel
- Large easily replaceable blades with 8 cutting edge each
- Engineered to cut without the material loss in kerf typically associated with nibblers
- Highly visible line-of-sight for precise pattern following
- Engineered for cutting sheet metal and metal decking