Tough on concrete, not on you. Makita’s hard-hitting HR3210C 1-1/4” Rotary Hammer (accepts SDS-PLUS bits) combines power with less weight, and is equipped with Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT®), an internal counterbalance system that reduces vibration. The result is more efficient hitting on the concrete and less vibration in the tool – and for the tool user.
The HR3210C with AVT® is engineered with an 8.2 AMP motor that provides plenty of power, with a no load speed of 315 to 630 RPM and 1,650 to 3,300 BPM. The synchronized RPM and BPM prevent overlapping impacts for up to 50% more efficient drilling. The hammer features 3-mode operation: “rotation only,” “hammering with rotation” and “hammering only,” with a built-in torque limiter that ensures stable torque control and disengages the motor should the bit bind or hit reinforcements. In addition, the electronic speed control reduces speed loss when working in heavy applications to ensure maximum productivity.
The HR3210C also has a variable speed dial with 5 settings to match the bit speed to the application. An L.E.D. power light indicates switch failure or cord breakage, and an L.E.D. service light indicates when carbon brushes need to be replaced. The HR3210C is built with large size carbon brushes that have up to twice the life of competitor models.
The HR3210C is equipped with AVT, Makita’s exclusive counterbalance system that reduces vibration for more efficient hitting power. The HR3210C weighs 11.4 lbs. and has a straight side handle with rubberized grips and a large rubberized rear handle, all of which contribute to the overall comfort of the tool. The recessed operation mode switch helps prevent it from being damaged, while the one-touch sliding chuck allows for quick bit changes.
The HR3210C is a versatile, hard-hitting rotary hammer for masons, remodelers, electricians, plumbers, demolition contractors, and general contractors seeking a best-in-class industrial quality rotary hammer. The tool can take on a range of tasks – from breaking up a tile floor to breaking up concrete.
(1) Side Handle (151769-0)
(1) Depth Gauge (321248-4)
(1) Tool Case (824825-6)
(1) Hammer Bit Grease (194683-7)
Technical Data + Specifications
Max. Capacity (concrete drilling): 1-1/4"
Optimum Range (concrete drilling): 1/2" - 7/8"
Max. Capacity (concrete drilling w/ core bit): 3-1/2"
Impact Energy (ft.lbs.): 4.1
Impact Energy (Joules): 5.5 J
Blows Per Minute (variable speed): 1,650 - 3,300 BPM
No Load Speed (variable speed): 315 - 630 RPM
Vibration Control: Yes
Vibration (m/s²): 10
Overall Length: 15-5/8"
Cord Length (ft): 16.4'
Net Weight: 11.4 lbs.
Bit Type: Accepts SDS-PLUS
Power Type: Corded
Bind-Up Control: No
Shipping Weight: 19.84 lbs.
UPC Code: 088381088718
Benefits + Features
- Powerful 8.2 AMP motor delivers 4.7 ft.lbs. of impact energy to handle the most demanding applications
- Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT®) is an internal counterbalance system that greatly reduces vibration by moving a counterweight in the opposite direction of drive piston for increased user comfort and productivity
- Torque limiting clutch engineered to prevent gear damage by automatically disengaging gears if the bit binds
- Constant speed control automatically applies additional power to the motor to maintain speed under load to complete the most challenging jobs
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for more control and better accuracy
- Variable speed control dial enables user to match the speed to the application for greater versatility
- L.E.D. service light notifies the user approximately 8 hours before the brushes need to be replaced
- L.E.D. power light indicates switch failure or cord damage
- Extended life brushes are longer for more work between service intervals and less downtime
- Automatic brush cut-off protects commutator from damage for longer tool life
- 3-mode operation for "Rotation Only", "Hammering with Rotation" or "Hammering Only" for multiple applications
- 16 bit angle settings allow the bit to be set at different positions for operating convenience
- One-touch sliding chuck allows for quick bit changes
- Lock-on switch for continuous operation ("Hammering Only" mode)
- Rubberized ergonomic soft grip provides more comfort
- Makita Motor Advantage engineered with field core interlocking steel laminations, dual ball bearing armature and more copper commutator bars, increasing energy transfer efficiency for more power and longer tool life