The new 70 lb. AVT® Breaker Hammer (model HM1812) is engineered to hit like an air hammer, but with less noise and vibration. It has a powerful 15 AMP motor that delivers a full 53.9 ft.lbs. (73.8 Joules) of impact energy, so contractors get hard-hitting performance. Users also benefit from less noise and lower vibration than an air hammer, and zero hassle with an air hose and compressor. The HM1812 features the latest Advanced AVT® Technology, a synchronized three-component system that more effectively reduces vibration. The internal mechanical counterbalance system, vibration-absorbing housing, and fixed movement handles are engineered for significantly less vibration during concrete breaking applications.
(1) Hex Wrench (783203-8)
Technical Data + Specifications
Blows Per Minute : 870 BPM
Impact Energy (ft.lbs.) : 53.9
Impact Energy (Joules) : 72.8 J
AMPS : 15
Noise Level : 106 dB
Vibration (m/s²) : 6.5
Cord Length (ft) : 16.4'
Overall Length : 33-1/4"
Net Weight : 69.1 lbs.
Bit Type : 1-1/8" Hex
Breaker/Demo class : 70
Power Type : Corded
Shipping Weight : 83.6 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381693301
Benefits + Features
- Efficient 15 AMP motor with improved hammer mechanism delivers 53.9 ft.lbs./72.8 joules of impact energy to handle the most demanding applications
- Advanced AVT® is a synchronized, three-component system that more effectively reduces vibration in varying conditions resulting in a low 6.5m/s2
- Advanced AVT® provides a mechanical counterbalance system which greatly reduces vibration and directs more impact energy to the work surface for increased user comfort and greater productivity
- Advanced AVT® provides a vibration absorbing housing which moves independently of the motor and hammer mechanism effectively isolating more vibration away from the user
- Advanced AVT® provides rubberized fixed handles which dampen vibration for increased comfort and precision
- Soft start is designed to suppress start-up reaction for greater accuracy on start up
- "Soft no-load" function automatically reduces the speed of the motor when not in use which helps increase tool life and performance
- L.E.D. power light indicates switch failure or cord damage
- L.E.D. service light notifies the user approximately 8 hours before brushes need to be replaced
- Automatic brush cut-off protects commutator from damage for longer tool life
- Cylindrical bit holder allows for the bit holder assembly to be re-positioned should the original bolts and bolt holes become damaged
- Recessed lifting handles provide more convenience
- Breaker includes a 16.4 ft. power cord and integrated cord guide which positions the power cord away from working area