Makita’s hard-hitting HM1317CB 42 lb. Breaker Hammer is engineered for heavy chipping, demolition and breaking applications, but with less vibration for increased user comfort. The HM1317CB is equipped with Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT®), an internal counterbalance system that is engineered into the tool for more effective vibration reduction. It is an ideal solution for heavy structural demolition like breaking up driveways and sidewalks, as well as for landscape and trenchwork, asphalt removal, driving ground rods, and more.
The HM1317CB has a 14 AMP motor that delivers 730-1,450 BPM and 34.9 joules of impact energy. It features Makita's electronic controller so users will benefit from the soft start, as well as a variable speed control dial, an L.E.D. service light that notifies users before brushes need to be replaced, and constant speed control that automatically applies additional power to the motor to maintain speed under load for the most challenging jobs. For added convenience, the HM1317CB has a 16.4 ft. cord and accepts the popular 1-1/8” Hex bit type.
(1) 20-1/2" Bull Point, 1-1/8" Hex (D-21353)
(1) Tool Case w/Wheels (824897-1)
Technical Data + Specifications
Blows Per Minute (variable speed): 730 - 1,450 BPM
Impact Energy (ft.lbs.): 25.7
Impact Energy (Joules): 34.9 J
Vibration Control: Yes
Vibration (m/s²): 7
Noise Level: 101 dB
Cord Length (ft): 16.4'
Overall Length: 32-1/2"
Net Weight: 41.9 lbs.
Bit Type: 1-1/8" Hex
Power Type: Corded
Breaker/Demo class: 42
Shipping Weight: 60.39 lbs.
UPC Code: 088381604659
Benefits + Features
- Powerful 14 AMP motor delivers 25.7 ft.lbs. of impact energy to handle the most demanding applications
- Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT®) is an internal counterbalance system that greatly reduces vibration by moving a counterweight in the opposite direction of the drive piston
- Constant speed control automatically applies additional power to the motor to maintain speed under load to complete the most challenging jobs
- Variable speed control dial enables user to match the speed to the application for greater versatility
- L.E.D. service light notifies the user approximately 8 hours before the brushes need to be replaced
- L.E.D. power light indicates switch failure or cord damage
- Rubberized ergonomic soft grip provides more comfort
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for more precision and better accuracy
- Extended life brushes are longer for more work between service intervals and less downtime
- Automatic brush cut-off protects commutator from damage for longer tool life
- "No hammering when idling" function helps increase tool life
- Easy-to-operate slide switch increases productivity and allows for continuous use
- Side handle swivels 360° for greater control
- Makita Motor Advantage engineered with field core interlocking steel laminations, dual ball bearing armature and more copper commutator bars, increasing energy transfer efficiency for more power and longer tool life
- Durable blow-molded rolling tool case for safe storage and easy transportation