The Makita 17 lb. AVT® Demolition Hammer delivers compact power with less vibration and a range of performance features for chipping and demolition applications. The HM1111C is powered by a 14 AMP motor with 12.7 ft.lbs. of impact energy, with Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT®) and a detached rear handle that is engineered to reduce vibration for greater user comfort.
Additional features include variable speed control, soft start, constant speed control, and L.E.D. indicators for service and power alerts. It is ideal for a range of chipping applications including removing excess concrete from over-pour, pulling up laminate flooring and tiles, chipping through-wall penetrations, digging out hard dirt for landscaping/hardscaping, and more.
Makita’s exclusive Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT®) is more than just a padded or spring-loaded handle. AVT® is an internal counterbalance system engineered into the tool that greatly reduces vibration for increased user comfort and productivity. Makita offers an AVT® solution in every major hammer class, from 1” rotary hammers to a 70 lb. breaker hammer.
(1) Side Handle (151769-0)
(1) Hammer Bit Grease (194683-7)
(1) 12" Bull Point, SDS-MAX (751423-A)
(1) Plastic Tool Case
Technical Data + Specifications
Blows Per Minute (variable speed): 1,100 - 2,650 BPM
Impact Energy (ft.lbs.): 12.7
Impact Energy (Joules): 17.2 J
Vibration Control: Yes
Vibration (m/s²): 8
Noise Level: 99 dB
Overall Length: 20-3/4"
Net Weight: 17.7 lbs.
Bit Type: Accepts SDS-MAX
Breaker/Demo class: 17
Power Type: Corded
Shipping Weight: 28.67 lbs.
UPC Code: 088381609395
Benefits + Features
- Powerful 14 AMP motor delivers 12.7 ft.lbs. of impact energy to handle the most demanding applications
- Anti-Vibration Technology is an internal counterbalance system that greatly reduces vibration for increased user comfort and greater productivity
- Detached rear handle is spring loaded and engineered to provide less vibration and more control
- Constant speed control automatically applies additional power to the motor to maintain speed under load to complete the most challenging jobs
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for more control and better accuracy
- Variable speed control dial enables user to match the speed to the application for greater versatility
- L.E.D. service light notifies the user approximately 8 hours before the brushes need to be replaced
- L.E.D. power light indicates switch failure or cord damage
- Extended life brushes are longer for more work between service intervals and less downtime
- Automatic brush cut-off protects commutator from damage for longer tool life
- 12 bit angle settings allow the bit to be set at different positions for operating convenience
- One-touch chuck allows for quick bit changes
- "No hammering when idling" function helps increase tool life
- Easy-to-operate slide switch increases productivity and allows for continuous use
- Side handle swivels 360° for greater control