The Makita 7-Inch SJS II™ Angle Grinder (model GA7061) combines power and convenience with comfort and motor-protection features for longer-lasting industrial performance. It is ideal for a range of applications including cutting ferrous metal, paint and rust removal, shipyard maintenance, metal polishing, general steel grinding, auto repair work, cutting brick and masonry, restoration work, and more. It's equipped with SJS™II, a mechanical gear drive system to help prevent motor and gear damage by dampening the force on the gear when the wheel is forced to stop. SJS™II is also features a leaf spring and cam gear drive mechanism that is engineered to reduce vibration for increased operator comfort during extended use.
The GA7061 is powered by a 15 AMP motor that delivers 8,500 RPM for the most demanding applications. The redesigned motor is engineered for greater armature stability with larger commutator bars for 3-times longer tool life when compared to the previous model. Additional durability features include labyrinth construction that seals and protects the motor and bearings from dust and debris, and a protective zig-zag varnish on the armature which creates a barrier on rotation to prevent contamination. The rear handle trigger switch has no lock-on and lock-off, so it requires two actions to start the grinder. It includes an AC/DC switch for use with alternative power source.
(1) 7" Wheel Guard (122939-8)
(1) Lock Nut (224486-6)
(1) Lock Nut Wrench (782412-6)
(1) Inner Flange (224317-9)
(1) Side Handle (143486-6)
Technical Data + Specifications
Wheel Diameter: 7"
No Load Speed: 8,500 RPM
Spindle Thread: 5/8" - 11 UNC
Lock-On Switch: No
Lock-Off Switch: Yes
Switch Type: Rear trigger handle
Overall Length: 17-3/4"
Net Weight: 11.7 lbs.
Variable speed control dial: No
Power Type: Corded
Bind-Up Control: No
Shipping Weight: 15.8 lbs.
UPC Code: 088381809870
Benefits + Features
- Powerful 15.0 AMP motor delivers 8,500 RPM for optimum durability and performance
- Redesigned motor with greater armature stability and larger commutator bars for 3 times longer life compared to previous model
- SJS™II provides a leaf spring and cam gear drive mechanism that is engineered to reduce vibration for increased operator comfort during extended use
- Rear handle trigger switch with no lock-on feature; lock-off feature requires two actions to start the grinder
- Zig-zag epoxy on both sides of the armature coil and a powder-coated field for added protection from dust and debris for longer motor life
- Labyrinth construction seals and protects the motor and bearings from dust and debris for longer tool life
- Spiral bevel gears for smoother rotations and a more efficient transfer of energy
- Aluminum gear housing provides superior gear alignment and smoother transmission for increased durability
- AC/DC switch for use with alternative power source
- Side handle installs in three locations for operator comfort in various applications
- Large spindle lock button for easier wheel changes while wearing gloves
- Brush spiral spring allows for a 30% larger brush and increased air-flow compared to previous model
- Automatic brush cut-off protects motor from damage for longer tool life
- Brush door provides easy access to brushes for convenient replacement; protects serial number identification label
- Rubberized back handle for increased operator comfort
- Compact design at 17-3/4" long and weighs 11.7 lbs. for added comfort
- Includes 7" grinding guard and lock-nut wrench