The 4-1/2” / 5” Paddle Switch Angle Grinder has a powerful 11 AMP motor for more output and delivers 11,000 RPM to handle the most demanding applications, all in a compact size. The large paddle switch design allows for easy power start in multiple grip positions. The grinder features a narrow barrel grip design and rubberized side handle for increased user comfort. An integrated tether loop can be attached to lanyards when working at high altitudes. The angle grinder has a non-removable guard that can quickly be adjusted without tools for increased productivity. There is no lock-on power switch, but there is a two-stage power lock-off. The Makita Angle Grinder is ideal for welders, fabricators, masons, maintenance/repair and more.
(1) Side Handle (158237-4)
(1) Lock Nut Wrench (782424-9)
(1) Inner Flange (224399-1)
(1) Lock Nut (224486-6)
(1) 5" Tool-Less Wheel Guard (140N43-5)
Technical Data + Specifications
Wheel Diameter : 5"
AMPS : 11
No Load Speed : 11,000 RPM
Spindle Type : 5/8" - 11 UNC
Lock-On Switch : No
Lock-Off Switch : Yes
Switch Type : Body grip/paddle
Overall Length : 12-3/4"
Net Weight : 6 lbs.
Variable speed dial : No
Bind-Up Control : No
Power Type : Corded
Shipping Weight : 8.26 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381887960
Benefits + Features
- Non-removable guard is designed to remain permanently attached to tool
- Quick guard rotation allows easy tool-less adjustment for increased productivity
- Powerful 11 AMP motor delivers more output and 11,000 RPM for the most demanding applications
- Large paddle switch allows for power start press points at multiple grip positions
- Narrow barrel grip design allows for increased hand comfort while operating
- No lock-on power switch; Features a two stage power lock-off switch to start the grinder
- Integrated tethering loop can be attached to lanyards when working at heights or on a lift
- Anti-restart protection is engineered to prevent motor start up in the on-power switch position after a power disruption
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Spiral bevel gears for smoother rotations and a more efficient transfer of energy
- Gear housing cover with labyrinth construction seals the drive gear and bearings from dust and debris for increased durability
- Zig-zag epoxy applied to the armature coils is designed to protect from harmful debris while maintaining proper heat decimation for longer life
- Rubberized side handle provides increased comfort on the job
- Large spindle lock button for easier wheel changes while wearing gloves
- Compact design at only 5.1 lbs. for reduced operator fatigue