The 4-1/2” / 5” Paddle Switch Angle Grinder, with AC/DC Switch, has a powerful 11 AMP motor for more output and delivers 11,000 RPM to handle the most demanding applications, all in a compact size. The large paddle switch design allows for easy power start in multiple grip positions. The grinder features a narrow barrel grip design and rubberized side handle for increased user comfort. An integrated tether loop can be attached to lanyards when working at high altitudes. The guard can be rotated with a tool-less adjustment for increased productivity. There is no lock-on power switch, but there is a two-stage power lock-off. The AC/DC switch allows the grinder to be used with an alternative power source. The Makita Angle Grinder is ideal for welders, fabricators, masons, maintenance/repair and more.
(1) Side Handle (158237-4)
(1) Lock Nut Wrench (782424-9)
(1) Inner Flange (224399-1)
(1) Lock Nut (224486-6)
(1) 5" Tool-Less Wheel Guard (140N43-5)
Technical Data + Specifications
Wheel Diameter : 5"
AMPS : 11
No Load Speed : 11,000 RPM
Spindle Type : 5/8" - 11 UNC
Lock-On Switch : No
Lock-Off Switch : Yes
Switch Type : Body grip/paddle
Overall Length : 12-3/4"
Net Weight : 6.2 lbs.
Variable speed dial : No
Bind-Up Control : No
Power Type : Corded
Shipping Weight : 7.94 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381887946
Benefits + Features
- Powerful 11 AMP motor delivers more output and 11,000 RPM for the most demanding applications
- Large paddle switch allows for power start press points at multiple grip positions
- Narrow barrel grip design allows for increased hand comfort while operating
- No lock-on power switch; Features a two stage power lock-off switch to start the grinder
- Integrated tethering loop can be attached to lanyards when working at heights or on a lift
- Quick guard rotation allows easy tool-less adjustment for increased productivity
- Zig-zag epoxy applied to the armature coils is designed to protect from harmful debris while maintaining proper heat decimation for longer life
- Spiral bevel gears for smoother rotations and a more efficient transfer of energy
- Gear housing cover with labyrinth construction seals the drive gear and bearings from dust and debris for increased durability
- Rubberized side handle provides increased comfort on the job
- Large spindle lock button for easier wheel changes while wearing gloves
- AC/DC switch for use with alternative power source
- Compact design at only 5.3 lbs. for reduced operator fatigue