Makita’s 4-1/2-Inch Angle Grinder model GA4530 combines 6 AMP power with comfort and motor-protection features for longer-lasting industrial grinding performance. The GA4530 is ideal for masons, welders, ship yard workers, automotive technicians, stone/tile work, HVAC, electricians, and general contractors for a range of grinding applications.
The GA4530 is powered by a 6 AMP motor that delivers 11,000 RPM for the most demanding applications. The machined bevel gears are engineered for longer tool life, and the all-ball bearing design and metal gear housing are engineered for added durability. Labyrinth construction seals and protects the motor and bearings from dust and debris for longer tool life. In addition, the armature is sealed by a protective zig-zag varnish which prevents contamination by creating a barrier under rotation.
The GA4530 weighs only 4.0 lbs. and has a small diameter (2-1/4-Inches) barrel grip engineered for added comfort. The side handle can be easily installed on both sides of the tool for operator convenience. The GA4530 is a versatile and powerful grinder engineered for demanding applications, and is ideal for welders, fabricators, plumbers, masons, electricians, automotive technicians, stone and tile workers, HVAC, and general contractors.
(1) 4-1/2" Grinding Wheel (A-95956)
(1) 4-1/2" Wheel Guard (122886-3)
(1) Lock Nut (194608-1)
(1) Lock Nut Wrench (782424-9)
(1) Inner Flange (224377-1)
(1) Side Handle (153504-2)
Technical data + Specifications
Wheel Diameter: 4-1/2"
No Load Speed: 11,000 RPM
Spindle Thread: 5/8" - 11 UNC
Lock-On Switch: Yes
Lock-Off Switch: No
Switch Type: Body grip/slide
Overall Length: 10-1/2"
Net Weight: 4 lbs.
Variable speed control dial: No
Electric Brake: No
Power Type: Corded
Bind-Up Control: No
Shipping Weight 6.28 lbs.
UPC Code: 088381096959
- Powerful 6.0 AMP motor delivers 11,000 RPM for the most demanding applications
- Compact design with small 2-1/4" diameter barrel and weighs only 4 lbs. for added comfort
- Labyrinth construction seals and protects the motor and bearings from dust and debris for longer tool life
- Slide switch design with lock-on for added user convenience
- Protective zig-zag varnish seals the armature from dust and debris for longer tool life
- All-ball bearing design and metal gear housing for added durability
- Machined bevel gears provide up to 2x longer service life than previous models
- Side handle is positioned at an increased 20° angle for added comfort
- Two position adjustable side handle for operator covenience
- Double insulated