The Makita 1/2 in. Spade Handle Drill (model DS4000) features a powerful 9.0 Amp motor that delivers 500 RPM, with torque for commercial drilling applications. The DS4000 includes a large trigger switch for increased user comfort, and a 12 in. pipe handle with rubberized grip for improved ergonomics. It is built with a heavy-duty industrial 1/2 in. drill chuck for positive bit retention, and a versatile D-handle that rotates 360° for multi-position operation.
(1) Drill Chuck (193319-5)
(1) Chuck Key (763434-5)
(1) Side Handle (152492-0)
Technical Data + Specifications
Capacity (steel): 1/2"
Capacity (wood): 1-1/2"
No Load Speed: 500 RPM
Overall Length: 14-1/4"
Net Weight: 8.8 lbs.
Max. no load speed: 500 RPM
Power Type: Corded
Shipping Weight: 13.2 lbs.
UPC Code: 088381047357
Benefits + Features
- Durable all-metal motor housing is jobsite tough yet lightweight
- Rocker switch for quick transition between forward and reverse operation
- Precision ground metal gears engineered to withstand the rigors of rotation changes
- 12" pipe handle with rubberized grip for greater control and improved ergonomics
- All-ball bearing construction for longer tool life and smooth operation
- Powerful 9.0 AMP motor delivers 500 RPM and provides aggressive torque to match the job
- Heavy-duty industrial 1/2" drill chuck for positive bit retention
- Large trigger switch for smooth and easy operation
- D-handle rotates 360° with 24 positive stops for multi-position operation
- Externally accessible brushes for greater serviceability
- Durable cord guard keeps cord connected to the tool