The Makita 23 Gauge Pin Nailer (model AF353) offers an array of features and powerful performance in a compact size. The AF353 has a side, drop-in loading magazine that accepts standard 23 ga. headless pins sized 5/8", 11/16", 3/4", 1", 1-3/16", and 1-3/8". The nail lock-out and red window alerts the user when to reload pins as the 2-finger trigger is used for controlled firing.
With a compact size and weighing in at only 2 lbs., the AF353 was engineered for all-day professional use ideal for installing moulding, chair rail, tacking trim, glass retainers to doors, cross pinning dowels & joints, cabinets, paneling, glazed bead, craft work, picture frame assembly, window beading, rattan furniture, and a whole host of other woodworking applications.
Additional convenience features include a reversible belt hook that allows the tool to remain close-by, a rear exhaust port that directs exhaust air away from the user and work surface, a built-in air duster that provides convenient air flow to clear your workspace, and 2 removable no-mar tips with sightlines for increased pinning accuracy.
(1) Pneumatic Nailer Oil (181434-7)
(1) Safety Glasses
(2) No-Mar Tip
(1) Air Fitting
(1) Hex Wrench
(1) Tool Case
Technical Data + Specifications
Power Type: Pneumatic
Operating Air Pressure (PSI): 65 - 100
Minimum Recommended Air Delivery: .8 SCFM @ 90 PSI
Nail Size: 5/8", 11/16", ¾", 1", 1-3/16", 1-3/8" (23 ga.)
Maximum Magazine Capacity: 130
Fastening category: Pin
Dimensions (LxWxH): 8-3/16" x 2-5/8" x 7-1/2"
Net Weight: 2 lbs.
Industrial Style Fitting Included: 1/4" NPT x 1/4"
Inlet Size: 1/4" NPT
Operating Air Pressure (Bar): 4.9 - 8.3
Air Fitting Included: Yes
Shipping Weight: 6.38 lbs.
UPC Code: 088381822428
Benefits + Features
- Powerful motor drives standard headless pins sized 5/8", 11/16", 3/4", 1", 1-3/16" and 1-3/8"
- Aluminum body, magazine and cylinder for strength and durability; weighs only 2 lbs.
- Nail lock-out mechanism protects tool and work surface from pin-less blank fires (dry-fires)
- Side, drop-in loading magazine holds up to 130 nails for maximum efficiency
- Built-in air duster provides convenient air flow to clear work surface
- Double, 2-finger trigger for user convenience
- Rear exhaust port directs exhaust air away from operator and work surface
- Includes two removable no-mar tips with sightlines for increased pinning accuracy; convenient on tool storage
- Easy to clear nose for fast and easy nail extraction should a jam occur
- Narrow nose design allows easy nailing access to tight areas and angles
- Magazine self adjusts to the proper 5/8", 3/4", 1", 1-3/16" or 1-3/8" fastener length when loaded
- Reversible belt hook allows the tool to remain close
- Housing bumpers protect tool and work surface
- Integrated rubber soft grip for operator comfort
- Ideal for installing moulding, chair rail, tacking trim, glass retainers to doors, cross pinning dowels & joints, cabinets, paneling, glazed bead, craft work, picture frame assembly, window beading, rattan furniture, and a wide variety of other woodworking applications
- Minimum recommended air delivery of .8 SCFM @ 90PSI