Makita’s 6” SJS™ Cut-Off/Angle Grinder combines 13 AMP variable speed power with comfort and motor-protection features for longer-lasting stone grinding and polishing performance. The 9566CV is engineered with Makita’s innovative SJS™ mechanical clutch system to help protect the gears for longer tool life.
The 9566CV is powered by a 13 AMP motor with soft start for smoother start-ups. The 5-stage variable speed dial (4,000 – 10,000 RPM) allows the user to match the RPM to the application. The electronic limiter stops the motor and reduces accidental motor overload and burnout, and the electronic speed control maintains consistent speed under load. Labyrinth construction protects the motor with a complex set of channels, prohibiting dust and contamination.
In addition, the protective zig-zag varnish seals the motor and bearings from dust and debris by creating a barrier under rotation. The 9566CV is engineered with SJS™, an innovation from Makita that protects the gears by automatically disengaging the motor should the grinding wheel accidentally catch or bind.
The 9566CV is built with comfort and ergonomic features for extended use. The grinder weighs just 5.3 lbs. with a lock-on switch for easy operation. In addition, the side handle can be easily installed on either side of the tool, and the “tool-less” wheel guard adjustment provides easy clamping.
The 9566CV is a versatile and powerful grinder with variable speed, allowing the user to set the RPM to the material. The variable speed control feature makes the 9566CV ideal for stone work, including polishing, grinding and cutting.
(1) 6" x 7/8" x 1/16" Super Thin Cut-off Wheel, Metal (724117-A)
(1) 6" Cut-Off Wheel Guard (122912-8)
(1) Lock Nut (224574-9)
(1) Lock Nut Wrench (782412-6)
(1) Inner Flange (224390-9)
(1) Side Handle (153489-2)
Technical Data + Specifications
Wheel Diameter: 6"
No Load Speed (variable speed): 4,000 - 10,000 RPM
Spindle Type: 5/8" - 11 UNC
Lock-On Switch: Yes
Lock-Off Switch: No
Switch Type: Body grip/slide
Overall Length: 11-3/4"
Net Weight: 5.3 lbs.
Variable speed control dial: Yes
Power Type: Corded
Bind-Up Control: Yes
Shipping Weight: 7.7 lbs.
UPC Code: 08838 1044585
Benefits + Features
- Powerful 13.0 AMP motor delivers more output and variable (4,000 - 10,000) RPM
- SJS™ technology is a mechanical clutch system that helps prevent motor and gear damage by allowing the drive shaft to slip if the wheel is forced to stop
- Variable speed control dial enables user to match the speed to the application
- Constant speed control automatically applies additional power to the motor to maintain speed under load
- Soft start suppresses start-up reaction for smooth start-ups and longer gear life
- Electronic current limiter helps protect the motor from overload
- Labyrinth construction seals and protects the motor and bearings from dust and debris for longer tool life
- Spiral bevel gears for smoother rotations and a more efficient transfer of energy
- Zig-zag varnish protects the armature coil from dust and debris for longer motor life
- Two position adjustable side handle for operator covenience
- Slide switch with lock-on setting for continuous use