Makita’s 4-1/2” Angle Grinder combines 7.5 AMP power with comfort and motor-protection features for longer-lasting industrial performance. The 9557PB Angle Grinder delivers 11,000 RPM, with soft start for smooth start-ups. The Angle Grinder also features a range of durability features including labyrinth construction which seals and protects the motor and bearings from dust and debris for longer tool life, as well as a protective zig-zig varnish engineered to seal the armature from dust and debris.
Ease-of-use features include an extra large paddle switch for comfortable operation, and a lock-on/off feature for continuous operation. The 9557PB weighs only 4.5 lbs., with a side handle that can be easily installed on either side of the tool. In addition, the “tool-less” wheel guard adjustment provides easy clamping. This grinder also has an AC/DC switch for use with alternative-power sources. The 9557PB is a versatile and powerful grinder engineered for cutting, grinding and polishing applications.
(1) 4-1/2" Grinding Wheel (A-95956)
(1) 4-1/2" Wheel Guard (125273-5)
(1) Lock Nut (193465-4)
(1) Lock Nut Wrench (782422-3)
(1) Inner Flange (224399-1)
(1) Side Handle (153489-2)
Technical data + Specifications
Wheel Diameter: 4-1/2"
No Load Speed: 11,000 RPM
Spindle Thread: 5/8" - 11 UNC
Lock-On Switch: Yes
Lock-Off Switch: Yes
Switch Type: Body grip/paddle
Overall Length: 10-3/4"
Net Weight: 4.5 lbs.
Variable speed control dial: No
Power Type: Corded
Bind-Up Control: No
Shipping Weight: 6.39 lbs.
UPC Code: 088381-063531
- Powerful 7.5 AMP motor delivers 11,000 RPM for high output power
- Compact design with small 2-1/2" diameter barrel and weighs only 4.5 lbs. for added comfort
- Labyrinth construction seals and protects the drive gear and bearings from contamination for longer tool life
- Lock-on/off feature for continuous operation
- AC/DC switch for use with alternative power source
- Protective zig-zig varnish seals the armature from dust and debris for longer tool life
- Extra large paddle switch for comfortable operation
- Thicker coil wires are wound more closely to reduce heat and energy loss
- All-ball bearing design and metal gear housing for durability
- Push button spindle lock for operator convenience