Certified Refurbished. Item is in pristine condition and looks new.
The Makita 1002BA Curved Base Planer is used for creating arches and arcs in timbers and working on scarfs in logs. With a simple modification to the blades, the tool is frequently used to create the hand-hewn look in timbers and logs. The 1002BA has a large two-handed design and a large front grip for improved comfort and fine depth adjustment. Additinoal features include the large chip ejection chute, and a lock-on button for continuous use. The adjustable bevel radius adjust up to 11-13/16 in., and the bevel base is factory adjusted for notching out logs at a 12-5/8 in. radius.
(1) 4-3/8" Planer Blade, 2/pk (793008-8)
(1) Sharpening Holder (123055-9)
(1) Blade Gauge (123010-1)
(1) Socket Wrench (782209-3)
Technical Data + Specifications
Planing Width : 4-3/8"
Planing Depth : 3/16"
No Load Speed : 15,000 RPM
AMPS : 9.6
Overall Length : 13-11/32"
Net Weight : 11.4 lbs.
Max. no load speed : 15,000 RPM
Power Type : Corded
Type (Planers) : Handheld
Shipping Weight : 15.4 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381007511
Benefits + Features
- Powerful 9.6 AMP motor with 15,000 RPM for improved performance
- Precision machined base for notching out logs at a 12-5/8" curved radius
- Planes 4-3/8" width and 3/16" deep in a single pass
- Large ejection chute for high rate of chip discharge
- Conveniently located front and rear grips for operator control
- Lock-on button for continuous operation
- Smoothes and notches out logs for a perfect fit
- Adjustable bevel radius to 11-13/16"
- Large conveniently located depth settings knob for easy adjustments
- Ideal for planning curved lumber and other radius materials