The Makita 1002BA Curved Base Planer is used for creating arches and arcs in timbers and working on scarfs in logs. With a simple modification to the blades, the tool is frequently used to create the hand-hewn look in timbers and logs. The 1002BA has a large two-handed design and a large front grip for improved comfort and fine depth adjustment. Additinoal features include the large chip ejection chute, and a lock-on button for continuous use. The adjustable bevel radius adjust up to 11-13/16 in., and the bevel base is factory adjusted for notching out logs at a 12-5/8 in. radius.
(1) 4-3/8" Planer Blade, 2/pk (793008-8)
(1) Sharpening Holder (123055-9)
(1) Blade Gauge (123010-1)
(1) Socket Wrench (782209-3)
Technical Data + Specifications
Planing Width: 4-3/8"
Planing Depth: 3/16"
No Load Speed: 15,000 RPM
Overall Length: 13-11/32"
Net Weight: 11.4 lbs.
Max. no load speed: 15,000 RPM
Power Type: Corded
Shipping Weight: 15.4 lbs.
UPC Code: 088381007511
Benefits + Features
- Powerful 9.6 AMP motor with 15,000 RPM for improved performance
- Precision machined base for notching out logs at a 12-5/8" curved radius
- Planes 4-3/8" width and 3/16" deep in a single pass
- Large ejection chute for high rate of chip discharge
- Conveniently located front and rear grips for operator control
- Lock-on button for continuous operation
- Smoothes and notches out logs for a perfect fit
- Adjustable bevel radius to 11-13/16"
- Large conveniently located depth settings knob for easy adjustments
- Ideal for planning curved lumber and other radius materials