The Makita 18V X2 (36V) LXT® Brushless 1-1/8” AVT® Rotary Hammer (accepts SDS-PLUS bits) is a cordless concrete solution that’s loaded with advanced engineering for maximum efficiency and convenient dust extraction. It’s powered by two 18V LXT® batteries and an efficient brushless motor for maximum power, speed and run-time for corded demands, without the cord. With X2 LXT technology, the Rotary Hammer delivers up to 140 ½” x 2-3/8” holes per charge when using two 18V LXT 5.0Ah batteries.
The trigger-activated dust extractor is powered by a separate motor which increases suction efficiency without sacrificing the performance of the rotary hammer and the dust is channeled to the clear dust container with HEPA filter which captures 99.97% of dust particles (size .3 microns).
The dust extractor attachment is removable and the rotary hammer can be used with a separate attachment and dust extractor (sold separately). The Rotary Hammer is AWS™ capable with Auto-Start Wireless System, which utilizes Bluetooth® technology for wireless power-on/off communication between tool and equipped dust extractor.
For reduced vibration, it’s equipped with Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT®). AVT is an internal counterbalance that uses air pressure to move counterweight pistons in the opposite direction of the drive piston to actively reduce vibration. The vibration-absorbing back handle and side handle further reduce vibration.
Active Feedback-Sensing Technology (AFT®) measures rotation and electronically turns off the motor if rotation of bit is suddenly forced to stop, preventing gear damage by automatically disengaging the gears if the bit binds.
(1) 18V X2 (36V) LXT® Brushless 1-1/8" AVT® Rotary Hammer, AFT®, AWS™ Capable (XRH10Z)
(1) Dust Extractor Attachment with HEPA Filter Cleaning Mechanism (DX08)
(2) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah Battery (BL1850B)
(1) 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Dual Port Charger (DC18RD)
(1) Dust Case with HEPA Filter Cleaning Mechanism (199588-6)
(1) Side Handle
(1) Depth Gauge
(1) Tool Bag
Technical Data + Specifications
Max. Capacity (concrete drilling) : 1-1/8"
Optimum Range (concrete drilling) : 3/16" - 5/8"
Max. Capacity (concrete drilling w/ core bit) : 2-1/8"
Impact Energy (ft.lbs.) : 2.3
Impact Energy (Joules) : 3.2 J
Blows Per Minute (variable speed) : 0 - 5,000 BPM
No Load Speed (variable speed) : 0 - 980 RPM
HEPA filter : Yes
Container Hole Count Capacity : 25 holes of dimension 5/8"x2"
Filter Life (Approx. container fillings) : 200
Vibration Control : Yes
Vibration (m/s²) : 9
Battery : 2X 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
Overall Length : 14-3/4"
Net Weight (with battery) : 11 lbs.
Bit Type : Accepts SDS-PLUS
Power Type : Cordless
Automatic-start Wireless System (AWS™) : Capable (transmitter sold separately)
Active Feedback-sensing Technology (AFT®) : Yes
Bind-Up Control : Yes
Shipping Weight : 23.02 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381865159
Benefits + Features
- X2 LXT® technology delivers up to 140 1/2" x 2-3/8" holes per charge using two 18V LXT® 5.0Ah batteries
- Powerful BL™ Brushless motor delivers 0-980 RPM, 0-5,000 BPM and 2.3 ft.lbs. of impact energy to handle the most demanding applications
- OSHA Table 1 compliant on-board dust extractor includes a filter cleaning mechanism designed to help maintain optimum suction efficiency
- Active Feedback-Sensing Technology (AFT®) electronically turns off the motor if rotation of bit is suddenly forced to stop
- Auto-Start Wireless System (AWS™) which utilizes Bluetooth® technology for wireless power-on/off communication between tool and dust extractor
- AWS™ capable with Auto-Start Wireless Transmitter (part no. 198901-5) sold separately
- Anti-Vibration Technology (AVT®) reduces vibration for increased comfort
- Vibration-absorbing back and side handles further reduce vibration and increase comfort on the job
- Torque limiting clutch engineered to prevent gear damage by automatically disengaging gears if the bit binds
- Constant speed control automatically applies additional power to the motor to maintain speed under load to complete the most challenging jobs
- Electric brake allows the tool to be repositioned faster for maximum productivity
- Variable speed dial and trigger matches speed to the application
- Built-in L.E.D. light with an independent on/off illuminates the work area
- Ergonomic soft-grip handle and large 2-finger trigger provide increased comfort
- 3-mode operation for "Rotation Only", "Hammering with Rotation" or "Hammering Only"
- Retractable tool hook secures the tool when not in use
- Extreme Protection Technology (XPT™) improves dust and water resistance for operation in harsh conditions
- 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah battery BL1850B, features an integrated L.E.D. battery charge level indicator and reaches a full charge in 45 minutes or less
- 3-year limited warranty on tool, battery and charger