The Makita 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion Cordless 7/8” SDS-Plus Rotary Hammer (model XRH04Z, tool only) delivers faster, more efficient percussive drilling to the jobsite. The versatile XRH04Z has 3-mode operation and a built-in torque limiter to ensure stable torque control for a range of concrete drilling tasks, with a more compact design and less vibration.
It’s part of Makita’s expanding 18V Lithium-Ion series, the world’s largest cordless tool line-up powered by an 18V Lithium-Ion slide-style battery. Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries have the fastest charge times in their categories, so they spend more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
(1) Side Handle (158057-6)
(1) Depth Gauge (324219-0)
Technical Data + Specifications
Max. Capacity (concrete drilling): 7/8"
Impact Energy (Joules): 1.9 J
Impact Energy (ft.lbs.): 1.4
Vibration (m/s²): 12.5
No Load Speed (variable speed): 0 - 1,200 RPM
Blows Per Minute (variable speed): 0 - 4,000 BPM
Battery: 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
Overall Length: 16-3/8"
Net Weight (with battery): 7.7 lbs.
Bit Type: Accepts SDS-PLUS
Power Type: Cordless
Bind-Up Control: No
Shipping Weight: 7.2 lbs.
UPC Code: 088381661775
Features + Benefits
- Makita-built variable speed motor delivers 0-1,200 RPM and 0-4,000 BPM
- 3-mode operation for "Rotation Only", "Hammering with Rotation" or "Hammering Only" for multiple applications
- Torque limiting clutch engineered to prevent gear damage by automatically disengaging gears if the bit binds
- Faster drilling with synchronized RPM and BPM
- Job site tested shock absorbent handle protects the battery housing for extra durability
- One-touch sliding chuck for quick bit changes
- Chisel rotates 360° with 40 different positions
- Compact and ergonomic design at only 16-3/8" long
- Weighs only 7.7 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Large 2-finger variable speed trigger for added convenience
- Rubberized soft grip handle provides increased comfort on the job
- Electric brake allows the tool to be repositioned faster for maximum productivity
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Rapid Optimum Charger communicates with the battery's built-in chip throughout the charging process to optimize battery life by actively controlling current, voltage and temperature (battery and charger sold separately)
- Rapid Optimum Charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster, more efficient charging (battery and charger sold separately)
- Makita technology delivers category-leading charge time, so the battery spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger (battery and charger sold separately)
- Compatible with Makita 18V Lithium-Ion batteries with a Star symbol (battery sold separately)
- 3-year limited warranty
- Only use genuine Makita batteries and chargers