The DC18RA offers several advantages for cordless tool users. The exclusive Forced Air Cooling Fan cools the battery by forcing air through the battery's built-in air vents during the charging process. The Optimum Charging System features Makita's exclusive Active 3 Controls which monitor the battery's current, voltage and temperature during the charging process to maximize battery life. In addition, the chargers Central Processing Unit (CPU) analyzes data from the battery's built-in memory chip. The result is a faster battery charging cycle which means less downtime.
The Makita 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion battery charges faster and works longer than standard lithium-ion batteries, giving you and your cordless tools unmatched performance and productivity to take on the most demanding applications. The Makita 5.0Ah battery has a category-leading charge time of only 45 minutes, so it spends more time working and less time sitting on the charger.
The 18V LXT® 5.0Ah battery is compatible only with Star Protection tools, indicated by the Star Symbol™ and/or Yellow Battery Receiver under the tool.
Technical Data + Specifications (DC18RA)
Battery Test Function: Yes
Color Family: Teal
Compatibility: Charges all Makita 18-volt lithium-ion slide-style batteries
Cord Length (ft.): 7
Cordless/ Corded: Cordless
Number of batteries charged at once: 1
Package Quantity: 1
Power Tool Accessory Type: Battery Charger
Tools Product Type: Power Tool
Voltage (volts): 18
Benefits + Features (DC18RA)
- Charging Technology: Controls current voltage and temperature to maximize battery life
- Central Processing Unit (CPU): Analyzes data from the batterys memory chip
- Forced Air Cooling Fan: Cools the battery by forcing cool air through the batterys built-in air vents
- Fast Charging: Quickly charges an 18V 3.0 Amp hour Li-Ion battery in only 22 minutes. Can charge a 18V 1.5 Amp hour Li-Ion battery in only 15 minutes.
- Integrated L.E.D. battery charge level indicator allows user to monitor battery charge
- Provides up to 65% more run time per charge compared to BL1830
- Reaches full charge in 45 minutes or less
- Compatible only with Star Protection tools, indicated by the Star Symbol™ and/or Yellow Battery Receiver under the tool
- Battery delivers consistent power and run time in extreme temperatures, even in winter (-4°F/-20°C)
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Impact-resistant outer case and shock-absorbing inner-liner are engineered to protect the battery
- Sixteen contact terminals maintain a constant connection with the tool to help prevent power loss or fluctuation, even during high-vibration applications
- Battery resists self-discharge and remains ready for use even after long periods of storage