The DC18RA offers several advantages for cordless tool users. The exclusive Forced Air Cooling Fan cools the battery by forcing air through the battery's built-in air vents during the charging process. The Optimum Charging System features Makita's exclusive Active 3 Controls which monitor the battery's current, voltage and temperature during the charging process to maximize battery life.
In addition, the chargers Central Processing Unit (CPU) analyzes data from the battery's built-in memory chip. The result is a faster battery charging cycle which means less downtime: the DC18RA will charge an 18-Volt LXT Lithium-Ion battery (model BL1830) in only 30-minutes, and an 18-Volt Compact Lithium-Ion battery (model BL1815) in only 15-minutes.
(1) DC18RA 14.4V - 18V LXT Lithium-Ion Rapid Charger
Technical Data + Specifications
Battery Test Function: Yes
Color Family: Teal
Compatibility: Charges all Makita 18-volt lithium-ion slide-style batteries
Cord Length (ft.): 7
Cordless/ Corded: Cordless
Number of batteries charged at once: 1
Package Quantity: 1
Power Tool Accessory Type: Battery Charger
Tools Product Type: Power Tool
Voltage (volts): 18
Benefits + Features
- Charging Technology: Controls current voltage and temperature to maximize battery life
- Central Processing Unit (CPU): Analyzes data from the batterys memory chip
- Forced Air Cooling Fan: Cools the battery by forcing cool air through the batterys built-in air vents
- Fast Charging: Quickly charges an 18V 3.0 Amp hour Li-Ion battery in only 22 minutes. Can charge a 18V 1.5 Amp hour Li-Ion battery in only 15 minutes.