The Bosch GCB18V-2N 18V Compact Band Saw is designed to make pro cuts in tight spaces, corners and overhead, weighing only 7.3 Lbs. (not including battery). The saw is up to 60% lighter and 40% more compact than standard deep-cut band saws. It has a cut rate of 530 surface feet per minute. It accommodates most common-size materials, with cuts up to 2-1/2 In. on a single pass, delivering precise cuts to a variety of metal materials – including conduit, uni-strut, threaded rod, and copper and black pipe. The saw can save time by making clean cuts in pipe (with fewer sparks), lessening the need for grinding and deburring after the cut. It has a tool-free blade guard, which can help to protect the blade from debris, and tool-free blade change, with easy access to the blade and easy blade installation. This tool has a conveniently placed centered handle and an enhanced soft-grip main handle, plus an LED light.
(1) GCB18V-2 18V Compact Band Saw
(3) 18 TPI Band Saw Blades
Technical Data + Specifications
Battery Chemistry : Lithium Ion
Battery Voltage (V) : 18
Blade Length : 28.875
Height : 8.0"
Length : 13.5"
Weight : 7.3lb
Width : 5.5"
Benefits + Features
- Compact band saw housing – built for tight work areas; up to 60% lighter and 40% more compact than standard deep-cut band saws
- Light tool weight – weighs only 7.3 Lbs., ideal for cutting tough overhead materials
- Robust 18V motor – provides clean cuts (with fewer sparks), with almost no rework needed for burrs or tempering colors
- Standard cutting capacity – cuts up to 2-1/2 In. on a single pass, appropriate for most common materials
- Tool-free blade guard – can help to protect the blade from debris, and it is easy to remove or lock into place
- Tool-free blade change – provides easy access to blades, with easy installation, adjustment and removal of band saw blades
- Ergonomic operation – features a conveniently placed centered handle and an enhanced soft-grip main handle for greater control
- LED light – illuminates the cut line for more accurate cuts