The Makita 18-Volt Compact Lithium-Ion battery (BL1820B ) charges faster and works longer than standard compact lithium-ion batteries, giving you and your cordless tools unmatched performance and productivity to take on the most demanding applications.
This Makita 2.0Ah battery combines more run time (50% more run time per charge than the Makita BL1815 battery) with a category-leading charge time of only 25 minutes. The batteries resist self-discharge so they’re ready for use even after long periods of storage.
The Makita Rapid Optimum Charger (DC18RC) is a smart-charging system for all your LXT batteries that communicates with the battery during the charging process to monitor current, voltage and temperature. This advanced charging technology helps optimize battery life and deliver a faster charge. In addition, the DC18RC unit has a built-in fan to cool the battery for faster and more efficient charging, even in hot weather conditions.
Technical Data + Specifications
Charger Assembled Height: 3.31"
Assembled Width: 7.5"
Battery Test Function: Yes
Certifications and Listings: 1-UL Listed
Compatibility: BL1415, BL1815, BL1820B, BL1830B, BL1840B, BL1850B. BH1220, BH1222C, BH1420, BH9020, BH9020A, BH1427, BL1430, BL1430A, BL1830, BH1233, BH1233C, BH1433, BH9033, BH9033A, All 1.3Ah Ni-Cd Batteries.
Cord Length: 6.5'
ENERGY STAR Certified: Yes
Power Tool Accessory Type: Battery Charger plus battery (BL1820B)(
Voltage (volts): 18
Benefits + Features
- During the charging process the rapid optimum charger monitors each battery and actively controls the current voltage and temperature for faster charging and longer battery life
- Rapid optimum charger has a built-in fan to cool the battery during the charging process which is engineered to facilitate a faster charge time and helps product lifetime work
- Rapid Optimum Charger is ENERGY STAR qualified
- Charge times of 15 min. (compact battery) and 30 min. (LXT battery)
- Compact design (7-12 in. long only 1.6 lbs.) is ideal for jobsite portability and storage
- Charges an 18V LXT Compact Lithium-Ion 2.0Ah battery in only 25 minutes; a 3.0Ah battery in only 30 minutes; 4.0Ah battery in only 40 minutes; 5.0Ah battery in only 45 minutes; and a 6.0Ah battery in only 55 minutes
- Integrated L.E.D. battery charge level indicator allows user to monitor battery charge
- Provides up to 50% more run time per charge compared to BL1815
- Battery delivers consistent power and run time in extreme temperatures, even in winter (-4°F/-20°C)
- Battery equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating
- Impact-resistant outer case and shock-absorbing inner-liner are engineered to protect the battery
- Sixteen contact terminals maintain a constant connection with the tool to help prevent power loss or fluctuation, even during high-vibration applications
- Battery resists self-discharge and remains ready for use even after long periods of storage