The Makita 3-1/2” Framing Nailer (model AN923) combines rugged construction and robust performance with ease-of-use features for commercial framing applications. The AN923 is engineered for a range of applications including framing walls, floors, and roofs, construction of sub-flooring, roof and floor decking, floor and wall sheathing/siding. It is ideal for framers, roofers and carpenters.
The AN923 accepts full round-head nails, 2” - 3-1/2”, with .113 - .162 shank diameter (plastic or wire collated). The 3-mode selector switch (bump, sequential, lock) provides increased convenience, while the “tool-less” depth adjustment offers nine settings to drive nails to a precise level on the wood’s surface.
The AN923 is engineered for longer tool life and ease-of-use, with a built-in air filter to minimize dust and debris from entering, as well as a back-pressure function which clears debris out of the tool when the pressurized hose is released. Additional features include the convenient two-step loading procedure to ensure a fast re-load with minimal downtime, sharp spurs on the nose engineered to grip wood, and rubber hand-grips to provide more comfortable handling.
(1) Pneumatic Nailer Oil (181434-7)
(1) Tool Hook (122742-7)
(1) Safety Goggles (191687-A)
(1) Air Fitting (311006-A)
Technical Data + Specifications
Power Type : Pneumatic
Operating Air Pressure (PSI) : 65 - 120
Minimum Recommended Air Delivery : 5.1 SCFM @ 90 PSI
Nail Size : 2" - 3-1/2" .113" - .162" shank diameter plastic or wire collated
Maximum Magazine Capacity : 74
Fastening category : Framing
Dimensions (LxWxH) : 22" x 4-1/4" x 13-11/16"
Net Weight : 8.7 lbs.
Shipping Weight : 12.3 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381070126
Benefits + Features
- 3-Mode selector switch (contact, sequential, lock) allows user control over nailing options
- Large capacity air chamber for increased power to drive nails varying in length from 2" to 3-1/2"
- Built-in air filter minimizes dust and debris from entering tool
- Anti-dry mechanism stops tool when three nails remain in the magazine
- Solid rear-loading aluminum magazine for longer life
- Drives up to 3-1/2" x .162" (16d) nails
- "Tool-less" depth adjustment engineered for more precise flush and countersink nailing
- Retractable hook allows tool to remain close by but never in the way
- Sharp, pronounced spurs grip wood for controlled nailing at an angle
- Rubber bumpers protect the tool and surface from damage
- Multi-directional exhaust port directs exhaust air away from operator
- Rubber grips for better control and comfortable handling
- Minimum recommended air delivery of 5.1 SCFM @ 90PSI