This 20V MAX* cordless kit includes one 1/2 in. hammerdrill/driver, two 20V MAX* 5.0Ah batteries, charger, and hard case. This hammerdrill comes equipped with a heavy-duty ratcheting nitro-carburized metal chuck with carbide inserts for superiror bit gripping strength and a high efficiency brushless motor that delivers up to 75% more runtime over brushed. The DCD996 features a 3-mode LED providing light in dark or confined spaces and is 20X brighter than the previous model.
Accessories Included: 28 Pieces
Battery Type: 20V MAX*
Blade Change: Tool-Free
Keyless Accessory Change: Yes
LED Light: Yes
Oscillating Angle: 1.6 °
Oscillations per Minute: 0-,20,000 OPM
Oscillations/Min: 0-20,000 OPM
Power Tool Type: Cordless
System: 20V MAX*
Tool-Free Accessory Change: Yes
Tool Length: 12.20"
Tool Weight: 3.22 lbs.
Benefits + Features
- DEWALT-built high power, high efficiency brushless motor delivers up to 75% more runtime vs. 18v NiCad brushed motors
- Heavy-duty 1/2" ratcheting nitro-carburized metal chuck with carbide inserts for superior bit gripping strength
- LED Spotlight Mode features 20 minute shutoff function allowing for extended work time in dark or confined spaces
- 0-450 / 0-1300 / 0-2000 RPM in drill mode
- 0-38,250 BPM for fast drilling in masonry materials
- XR® Li-Ion batteries with fuel gauge provide 33% more capacity over standard packs
- 3-Mode LED provides lighting in dark or confined spaces up to 20X brighter than previous model
- 3-speed, all-metal high performance transmission optimizes tool-to-task for fast application speeds and improved run-time
- 0-500 / 0-1500 / 0-2250 RPM in hammerdrill mode