Makita’s 5-Inch Disc Sander (model GV5010) combines power and comfort with motor-protection features for longer lasting industrial performance. The GV5010 is ideal for a variety of sanding applications.
The GV5010 is powered by a Makita-built 3.9 AMP motor that delivers 5,000 RPM for fast and efficient sanding. The ball-and-needle bearing construction is engineered for longer tool life. The GV5010 has a continuous rating input of 440W.
Makita engineered comfort and convenience features into the grinders for professional use all day long. The GV5010 is double insulated and has a soft grip handle for increased comfort on the job. It weighs only 2.6 lbs. with a unique and well-defined exterior.
The GV5010 is a versatile and powerful disc sander engineered for industrial sanding applications.
(1) 5" Abrasive Disc, 80 Grit, 5/pk (742109-9)
(1) 5" Plastic Backing Pad (743025-8)
(1) Side Handle (152491-2)
(1) Hex Wrench (783203-8)
Technical Data + Specifications
Sanding Disc: 5"
No Load Speed: 5,000 RPM
Overall Length: 7-1/8"
Net Weight: 2.6 lbs.
Variable speed control dial: No
Soft start: No
Shipping Weight: 2.6 lbs.
UPC Code: 088381091374
Benefits + Features
- Powerful 3.9 AMP motor delivers 5,000 RPM for faster material removal
- Precision balance with rubberized soft grip handle for greater comfort
- Rubberized mold over motor housing for added precision and control in a variety of applications
- Spiral bevel gears for smoother rotations and a more efficient transfer of energy
- Trigger lock-on button for operator convenience
- Two position adjustable side handle for operator convenience
- Refined design at only 2.6 lbs. for reduced operator fatigue
- Includes 5" backing pad
- Double insulated cord helps prevent static electricity accumulation
- Designed for faster and easier removal of paint and rust