Makita’s 5-Inch Random Orbit Sander, Model BO5030K, delivers fast, smooth performance with better grip and control. The BO5030K is ideal for woodworkers and finish carpenters who require a best-in-class random orbit sander.
The BO5030K features a pad control system for controlled pad speed upon start up, with a powerful 3 AMP motor for continuous operation, 1/8-inch random orbit action, and 12,000 OPM for fast and smooth sanding. The BO5030K is precision engineered with all ball bearing construction for longer tool life.
Comfort and ease-of-use features include an ergonomically designed rubberized palm that fits like a glove with even pressure and easy control. The rubber sealed switch minimizes dust contamination and increases durability. The efficient through-the-pad dust collection system helps provide a cleaner work environment, while the fabric dust bag has an extra wide mouth for faster disposal. The BO5030K uses quick-change five-inch eight-hole hook-and-loop abrasive disc.
Model BO5030K includes a dust bag and tool case. It is ideal for a wide range of sanding applications.
(1) Dust Bag (166078-4)
(1) Plastic Tool Case (183782-0)
(1) Dust Bag Nozzle (416063-0)
Technical Data + Specifications
Pad Size (round) : 4-13/16"
Abrasive Disc Size : 5"
Orbits Per Minute : 12,000 OPM
Orbit Diameter : 1/8"
AMPS : 3
Vibration (m/s²) : 4.5
Dimensions (LxWxH) : 6" x 4-7/8" x 6"
Net Weight : 2.9 lbs.
Variable speed dial : No
Maximum orbits per minute : 12,000 OPM
Power Type : Corded
Shipping Weight : 6 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381092722
Benefits + Features
- Smooth and fast sanding with 3.0 AMP motor (12,000 OPM)
- Rubberized grip for improved operator comfort and control
- Large 1/8" random orbit action for fast and super smooth sanding
- Pad control system for controlled pad speed upon start-up
- Efficient through-the-pad dust collection system for a cleaner work environment
- Dust-sealed switch minimizes contamination
- Uses quick-change 5" (8-hole) hook-and-loop abrasive paper (abrasive paper sold separately)
- Conveniently located on/off switch for easy one-handed operation
- Oversized sealed-ball bearing construction for longer tool life
- 1-year limited warranty