Corded power meets cordless convenience with the 18V LXT Brushless Compact Router (model XTR01Z, tool only, batteries and charger sold separately). The 18V LXT Router has an efficient Makita BL™ Brushless Motor for up to 50% longer run time, increased power and speed, and longer tool life. It is compatible with Makita 18V LXT Lithium-Ion batteries (sold separately).
The XTR01Z is engineered for a full range of cabinetry and woodworking applications. It has a variable speed control dial (10,000 – 30,000) RPM) to match the speed to the application, with electronic speed control to maintain constant speed under load and soft start feature for smoother start-ups and better accuracy.
Convenience features include the smooth rack-and-pinion fine depth adjustment system for more precise settings, dual L.E.D. lights, and a quick release cam lock system for convenient depth adjustments and base removal/installation.
Additional bases and attachments are available (sold separately). For users of corded Makita Compact Routers (models RT0700C, RT0701C), the bases used with these corded routers are fully compatible with the XTR01Z. The XTR01Z easily connects to Makita vacuum cleaners with the optional dust nozzle for improved dust extraction.
(1) Spanner Wrench (781011-1)
(1) Spanner Wrench (781039-9)
(1) 1/4" Collet (763637-1)
(1) 3/8" Collet (763619-3)
(1) Straight Guide (122965-7)
(1) Template Guide (343577-5)
Technical Data + Specifications
Collet : 1/4"
No Load Speed (variable speed) : 10,000 - 30,000 RPM
Battery : 18V LXT® Lithium-Ion
Overall Length : 5-1/4"
Net Weight (with battery) : 4.6 lbs.
Base : Fixed
Variable speed dial : Yes
LED light : Yes
Constant speed control : Yes
Power Type : Cordless
Plunge Capacity : 1-9/16"
Shipping Weight : 4.85 lbs.
UPC Code : 088381844420
Benefits + Features
- LXT® technology delivers 380 feet of cutting performance in red oak using a 1/4" (6mm) straight bit at a 5/32" (4mm) depth with a 5.0Ah battery (battery not included)
- Makita-built brushless motor delivers faster and more accurate cuts
- The electronically-controlled BL™ Brushless Motor efficiently uses energy to match torque and RPM to the changing demands of the application
- Variable speed control dial (10,000 - 30,000 RPM)
- Electronic speed control maintains constant speed under load
- On/Off button with separate lock button helps prevent accidental start-up
- Soft start feature for smoother start-ups and better accuracy
- Smooth rack-and-pinion fine depth adjustment system for more precise settings
- Slim and ergonomically designed body with rubberized grip
- Aluminum housing and base for increased durability and accuracy
- Dual L.E.D. lights illuminate the work area
- Quick release cam lock system for convenient depth adjustments and base removal/installation
- Accepts industry standard template guides
- High visibility base design
- Available in various combinations for added versatility (additional bases and attachments sold separately)
- Base can be removed quickly to install other bases
- Plunge capacity of 0 - 1-3/8" with plunge base attached and 0 - 1-9/16" with trimmer base attached (bases sold separately)
- Non-marring high-durability base insert for increased work piece protection
- Shaft lock for quick and easy bit changes
- Easy-to-read depth scales
- Uses 1/4" shank routers bits
- Compact and ergonomic design at 8-7/8" tall; weighs only 4.6 lbs. with battery (battery not included) for reduced operator fatigue
- Connects to Makita vacuum cleaners with optional dust nozzle for a cleaner work environment
- Equipped with Star Protection Computer Controls™ to protect against overloading, over-discharging and over-heating